Would you date a self admitted sex addict?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm, that is quite the question, I guess if they wanted to date me. Don't get me wrong I like sex as much as the next person, my only concern would be that I might not be able to keep up, I suppose if they really liked me and wanted to be with me, then yes I would do my best to adapt. Besides what do you consider an addict anyway? Liking sex is fine, and liking it a LOT is fine too, however as I understand it, an addiction is a compulsion SO strong that it makes any other sort of normal life impossible, you can't work because of it, you can't maintain normal relationships and you can't even really go out to get groceries because you end up playing with all the vegetables (kidding), my point is, there is nothing wrong with having a larger than average sexual appetite, so yes sex addiction is an actual diagnosis in the DSMV, but it is rather rare, and even more rare in females. But in the end I'm pretty tolerant of people's quirks, not suggesting that sex addiction is a quirk, just that I am pretty accepting of people and I would want to know more about this issue (no not to just have sex) but to perhaps understand if this is actually addiction or just a strong sex drive.

Most Helpful Girl

• People think sex addiction is a myth or something exciting, like oh, if I date this person, we're going to be having sex all the time, good for me, good for them. But just as with a drug or alcohol addition, once or twice a day, one person, on situation--- those things are never enough. They need more, and more, and will do anything to get more. More porn, more partners, more risky sexual behaviors. That person needs professional help, not someone who will enable or encourage their disease.

What Guys Said 15

• Most people do not understand what sex addiction is and think it would be great to have a sex addict as a partner. It's not it can be very upsetting and is so detrimental on a relationship.
    I got tested to see if I was an addict as I was so obsessed with sex but I was borderline for addiction.
    I have studied and read about sex its become a life long all encapsulating hobby
    The pleasure it can give and bring. How to explore how to achieve it. Understanding both the male and female bodies to be able to extract exquisite pleasure from them.

• Probably not. Though yeah, having sex is amazing, and having a girl that is willing to do it any time you want is awesome. Life is more than sex. There's a job to be done, chores, and other stuff you gotta deal with.
    A sex addict if they don't get the amount of sex THEY want, will most likely end up cheating. So no, I'm not dating a sex addict.

• That is A BIG risk to take. Self admitted means they actually have a problem so serious they realized they should label themselves something that may sound negative. I dont want nobody sleeping around on me bc they needed some penis (ur a girl so guess he would say vagina) and bc i want around around.

My answer is in this video recorded from a live radio show.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-RUFv1GN18
    Just play it in the background or something bc there isn't a visual.

• I have did this before but I just could not keep up with the amount of times she wanted it.. I could do two or three times a day just after we first met.. but she wanted it like 5 times a day.. I do like sex when it comes my way.. but I am not superman.. but she was like.. Supergirl

• Date them? No. Have sex with them a few times? Maybe.

• No. If she is a "sex addict" she probably already has a high number of partners, which is enough to turn me off all on its own. But this would also make me question her loyalty DURING our relationship.

Even if she had a low number, and i trusted her whole-heartedly, i probably wouldn't satisfy her as my sex drive is not that high. I could go once a day at the VERY MOST, but at that point sex would be a chore for me and I'd rarely be in the mood.

• fuck... yea...

• Would mean she's had alotta sex, and she'd probably cheat. I wouldn't date a self-admitted sex addict if that was the only thing I knew about her, but if I had known her for a while and learned that she was a sex addict after I had gotten to know her as a person, I would probly date her regardless.

• That sounds like the polar opposite of a problem. The only issue would be potential promiscuity but that and sex addiction are not necessarily linked issues.

• Yeah then that means she would be easy in the sac.

• maybe

• Yeah sure it would be fun. ;)

• If she has boobs and a vagina I would put it under consideration.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• No, solely because I would think If I couldn't keep up or want to fuel their addiction even more they might do something drastic in order to fulfill their needs. i. e.; cheat.

• Its a no from me. With every addiction you're going to want to keep upping the dose. So at first its only a little because its still exciting. Until it gets boring and not as stimulating anymore. So it becomes an obsession, finding better, more frequent ways of getting their 'fix'. They want to keep it exciting so they cheat, they think of ways to make it more complicated. I don't want that in my life.

• I would. I am still a virgin and I cannot get enough masturbation. I have heard and have a feeling that when I finally do have sex for the first time I am going to want it even more. So, I am likely going to be at the very least a borderline addict myself.

• No, not likely.

• Just out of curiosity, why not?

• My libido isn't that high, so I know a true sex addict would have to get it somewhere else, which would make me mistrusting of the relationship.

• Um probably not, nope! Addiction is unhealthy! No matter the addiction !

• I wish there were more options. If I *really really really* loved him, maybe. If not, then no.
    I'd fear:
    1. Not being able to keep up
    2. Him cheating
    3. Him being annoying about it
    4. Getting tired

• No. They tend to cheat and do immoral things and prioritize sex above all else. Any kind of addiction is unhealthy.

*note: there is a huge difference between having a high sex drive and being a sex addict.

• A lot of guys would and a lot of girls wouldn't lol

And that's a no for me, not really interested in anyone with any form of addiction.

• Nah girl, what if he does a tiger woods on me ;)

• never...

• Yes.