How would you take this or go about this?

I really like and care about her, and have tried to do whatever I can for her. She started getting super flirty with me (teasy, jokey, staring, etc), and I made a move, trying to get out of the Friendzone. I asked her out to a movie, and got an I don't know. Then asked her over text and another I don't know saying she was busy. I took this as a nice no, and politely moved on. However, she started talking about Prom a lot, so I thought might just get an idea right? Asked her who she was going with, and she said nobody atm. Hinted at the fact I would like to take her to prom (via text, not actually asking her out, just feeling it). Got no response, then she seemed hesitant to my texts the rest of the night.

Next day, she is still flirty, bringing up Prom, hinting at it etc. However, I see her walking around with another guy. She keeps telling me they aren't dating and she doesn't like him like that but I don't know. Her friends seem persistant on wanting them to date. I sort of ignore her the rest of the day, just trying to handle my rejection. She later on texts, me, and when I don't respond she spams me until I do. When I do respond, she responds back almost instantly. I'm so confused, my mind tells me she's just playing me and that I need to just move on. My heart though says she is hinting at something more. I just want to get over it but any thoughts, ideas?

Most Helpful Girl

• She's looking for attention. Seems to be leading you on.

What Girls Said 1

• Try being really direct and just ask her on a date. If she says "I don't know to that" than move on. If she says no, you finally have your answer and if she says yes, than you really truly do have a chance and she was likely just shy and feeling awkward.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, what your mind is telling you is right, even I believe the same. She is not serious about you and she is just playing with you. You shouldn't keep any contact with her.

Listen to your mind, it's right!.