Whys it that only sleazy people show interest in me?

I rarely ever get asked out and when it does happen, its by some guy who clearly wants to just get it in. Where am I supposed to find someone who is decent and is willing to get to know me as a person and not some sleaze who only pretends to be interested in you so they can get in your pants? Not sure where I'm going wrong. I dont dress provocatively, no cleavage, clothes that fit properly, i dont wear an excessive amount of makeup and the makeup i wear is neutral in color. Like wtf am i doing to attract these kinds of people? It really puts me off from even trying with dating.

Most Helpful Guy

• Try picking the guy yourself. Find a guy you think might be different and ask him out. Or if you normally reject a certain type of guy (example shy) give him a chance. The shy quiet guy is the one that's likely going to want something real with you.

What Guys Said 8

• You're doing nothing wrong, we don't choose the people that are attracted to us. You're just being unlucky. What you should do is not giving up and keep looking and you'll find the man you want. If you act too and approach some guys sometimes, it may help.

• I think maybe the fact that you believe that you only attract sleazy people is why you are so focused on them and can't see the other guys.

• I don't know man. I approach everyone w a fresh start. I try not to make any assumptions like oh i bet he's just like the others
      Sometimes im actively looking for decent people so i can't understand how id miss em

• I look at everyone. I only really pay attention when by chance i happen to interact w them and look at their body language how they talk etc.

• Okay then you got it all right and you just need some time before the right one is knocking the door. :) :)

• Where are you meeting these guys?

• They usually approach me in places like the local grocery story or the library

• i can tell by they way they stand around me. They do this weird cornering thing and then constantly look me up and down. Maybe theyre not really sleazy and i just have poor judgement im not sure

• Ya, maybe you shouldn't judge people before you know them. Maybe they're not sleazy but coming on too strong. Maybe they had success doing that in the past. Who knows.

• Church socials?

• lol hun what are you showing that's attracting sleazy guys

• That's how all guys are

• "Not sure where I'm going wrong"

I'll bet you've never ever approached a guy

• I still think it might have something to do with your appearance , even if your not trying to look sexy , you must be doing something that appeals to them. I'm sure it appeals to other guys as well , they just haven't had the nerve to approach you yet , guys with more experience tend to be more open and have an easy time talking to people

What Girls Said 5

• Are you overly friendly, outgoing or even loud at the bars or places you get hit on?

• Nope im more the opposite which makes this even harder for me to understand
      And the places im hit on are like regular convenience or grocery stores, so its not like theyre breeding grounds for creeps i dont think

• Initially i hadn't known so wed exchange numbers and id find out then. But by now I've noticed a pattern in what the sleazy guys say and their body language and just politely decline. Like "no thanks" or "im sorry, im not interested"

• Good idea and good luck. Sometimes we girls have to step up to the guys we really want instead of waiting for only the creeps to do so.

• I'd bet it's actually that those are the only ones you notice the interest from.

• :( I dont know.

• This happens to me too. I don't know why.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more