Is dating a mommy's boy bad?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on how much of a mamma's boy he is, I mean I show her courtesy, respect, love, help her out with stuff, hang out with her now and then, you know she raised me right and I like spending time with her and all that, but I keep all that stuff within healthy and none weird levels. This would be an example of the good kind of mamma's boy

But some guys seriously take it to the extremes like I have this buddy of mine who when we were in high school had one of his friends over and the guy couldn't even be away from his mother for more then a couple hours, broke down crying and crap *shakes head* it's people like that need to take the tit out of their mouths and grow a pair. And this would also be a good example of the bad kind of mamma's boy that you don't want to be with.

So you know it all just depends on the individual and whether they have a healthy or unhealthy relationship with their mother. But it is a known fact that guys who love and treat their mother right generally treat women in general better then those that don't.

Most Helpful Girl

• It can be really good but I've dated a mummy's boy and it was really weird sometimes like they'd have affectionate moments and he called her hot. And you'd think because he loved his mum so much that he'd never disrespect women but he was the ultimate player and cheater really. Not her fault because she was the sweetest soul but I don't know, can be good just depends on their dynamic.

What Guys Said 2

• Most good guys are mama's boys. So no.

• Can be. He'll probably expect you to do things his mother does for him. On the other hand, a strong girlfriend is sometimes the kick up the pants boys need to grow into men.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes and no. Not all guys are the same but my experiences with momma's boys haven't been too well. They expected me to almost be like his mother. Do everything his mother did and when I didn't, he'd go cry to mommy and then she'd look down on me telling me I'm "not doing my job". It was just tough and annoying.

• depends on how much of a mummy's boy he is. in my experience it's great overall.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more