Girl that says she doesn't want a relationship because she's scared to get hurt. I still really like her and she just wants to be friends?

she told me about how she didn't want anything a while ago, I backed off hard and talked to her very little. now I decided to just stop talking to her all together because I still really like her and she doesn't want anything and I can't just be friends right now. is this the right thing to do? if not, what should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm dealing with a situation similar to this. Though the genders are switched. In my situation it's a guy who is afraid of getting hurt.

in my opinion it's normal to want to get to know people first. But if she can't be in a relationship right now, and you want that, then you won't be happy with the crumbs she can give you.

There's nothing wrong with being friends. But you both have to be on the same page. That's not happening here.

I say move on. I'm moving on in my situation because I'm tired of going slow. I don't mind going slow, but the guy after 4 months won't even hold my hand, and I have to ask to see him or else we don't see each other. I'm done trying.

There are plenty of girls out there who want to be in relationships.

Most Helpful Guy

• If she's afraid of getting hurt, then that means she doesn't trust you. So there is no point.

What Girls Said 1

• If that's what you need to get over her, then it's the right thing. Do you still want to be her friend? If you don't, then you're in a good position. Otherwise, you risk losing a friend.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes it's the right thing to deal. Tell her y'all both want different things and to reach out if she changes her mind.

• Ouch, I'm afraid you're put in the friend zone.

• Yepp totally the right thing to do.

Because she's just not into you; she's totally open for a relationship - when the right guy comes along, and that is sadly not you