Is dating dead?

I'm 25 years old and I'm kind of getting fed up with the lack of romance in my life. I've never been asked out and don't have any experience and it's getting annoying. A little bit about me: I'm pretty smart (law student in LA), I'd say I'm decent looking (even pretty if I bragged a little) and one of my most valued personality traits is being nice and kind to everyone (and that's something I'm known for). I'm also pretty social, always trying to talk to people and going to events. When I meet a cute/smart guy, I'll talk to him and put myself out there, but I feel like I never get a response back. They either won't respond to a text or message or just be very brief in a way that ends any potential for conversation. I'm not blaming guys, but most of my friends who are doing well in their careers/studies, are nice and caring and beautiful get the same response. I don't mind getting married late or not at all, but there's 0 prospects and at 25 the lack of experience (even in the basic skill of going on a date) starts to get frustrating. Any tips from guys or girls with similar experiences?

I have also tried online dating, but it's so hard to figure out who the creeps are and who the normal guys are. They all start out being normal and having normal conversations, but it usually turns into sexual advances and that's not what I'm looking for right off the bat.

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't think dating is dead but its either changing or becoming less important. girls and guys still seem to want to be in relationships but a lot don't want to date random people to find one. they more seem to be dating people they already know or dated in past. the idea of going on a casual date with someone new does seem to be happening less even though we have more websites for such purposes.

people should in theory be finding more dates as options are endless online but they seem to be finding less. I think the people online are getting more picky , and where in past they'd go on a date to determine if they'd date someone more seriously, now they look at a profile instead.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe the ones you talked to they happened to be taken.

Also, I've noticed that most people expect the other person to do all the effort, which sucks a lot.

What Guys Said 3

• I think dating might be dead.
    I'm the romantic type, but I don't have any idea where to begin either. I'm in your same boat.
    I assumed it was something wrong with me, but the more I look around the more I see it.

I know that isn't helpful, in the way of advice, but I reckon a kindred spirit may take the edge off a bit.

• why don't you just straight up ask dudes out? also, for future reference, don't ask people out over text and if you're trying to flirt with a dude over text (which i don't advise unless y'all actually know each other), always ask an open ended question.

• If you have never been asked out at 25 there is something going on. Also if your friends are all getting the same response they need to change what they are doing as well.

Let's start with this. Where are you meeting these guys?

What Girls Said 1

• yes sadly romance and is dead, and i think is worse for younger people

• romance and dating i meant to write