How do you react when someone is trying waaaay too hard to get your attention? can be by phone or in person?

Most Helpful Girl

• Phone

• you call them?

• Well, yeah. The way you worded the question sounds like you don't want the attention. "Trying waaaaaay to hard to get your attention". In that case, I would text them. Letting them down in person is not only embarrasing (for both of you), you're not giving them time to process it before reacting in a "I don't care" way to save face. Plus going out of your way to address it in person sends them mixed signals. Why would you go out of your way to do it in person if you're not interested? I've known guys that would take that as "try harder" no mater how blunt and direct I was in person.

• What I would do is ignore the person, more than you have been. If they don't pick up on that signal, then I'd text them and let them down gently

What Guys Said 5

• There was a girl that I met on this website a few years ago who would have ended up in jail for verbally and physically assaulting me, had these encounters occurred in person.

She was the one who turned ME down (for not being Muslim), yet when I decide to accept it and move on, She wouldn't mind her business, so I blocked her. She made multiple accounts to throw insults through comments and messages and play mind games to spur jealousy, and this went on for months. Wtf.

I was kind of turned on.

• As no-one tries AT ALL to get my attention, I'd be happy.

Unless you're talking about a needy jerk. Then thats just annoying, and you say 'no'.

• what do you mean by needy jerk? like they're mean to you while trying to get your attention?

• No, like when they finally do get my attn is it all me me me, pay attn to me.

You know, like when you're on the phone and the kids go 'Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom."

• ahh, ok. I get what you mean now. I've known a few of those

• Either would be annoying after a while

• yea, but how do you react to it? do you ask them to stop, ignore them, something else?

• well, that's nice if you. I ignore some people sometimes because I don't want confrontain. :/

• Ah yeah well that happens as well, but I found it much easier to deal with it than to let it be

• I can be intimidating so mean mugging works for me.

• In general, I would be happy if someone wanted my attention seeing as how it almost never happens.

What Girls Said 2

• I walk away! Alway!

• what about when it's someone you know that keeps texting?

• I just stop talking to them. Simple. I'll say okay and yeah. Than they'll ask why are you answering like that? And I tell them cuz... I don't care hahah! lol Or you don't ask anything or I just don't know you! lol They just assume i am a bitch! lol

• I generally ignore them even more.