Who should say "I love you" first, and why?

• Guy
  • Girl
  • Doesn't matter/Results

Most Helpful Guy

• It has nothing to do with the gender. It's more about when you should say it. Either one for sure if they have a feeling that it's mutual. When you feel like you have to tell just to get it off your heart you should do it. When you want to know how the crush feels like you should do it. The list goes on

Most Helpful Girl

• It is more acceptable for women to be emotionally vulnerable. If a guy says it first he runs the risk of being seen as needy.

What Guys Said 16

• It should not really matter who says it first.. after all this is not a contest to see who says it.. it should only be said when all the pieces fall into place between say me and her. or some other girl and her guy. to me someone that says it first just because it sounded like a nice jester is totally wrong.. those are powerful words in a relationship.. and should not be spoken lightly, I have said those words before.. but only when those above pieces are in fact in place.. and once they are in place between both parties.. it can be said at the same time.. if you both wanted to say it

• whoever feels compel to say it should say it. doesn't matter about gender

• It doesn't really matter who says it first, it's whoever has those feelings of love first and feels it's the right time to share them, I've had experiences were I've said it first and also one were we said it at the same time, it was great each time regardless.

• Im not sure it matters. Whoever does it is taking a risk and its awkward if its not reciprocated regardless of gender.

However, I do think girls tend to prefer for the guy to say it first.

• In most anime they both say it at the same time and it's adorable. Do that.
    31.media.tumblr.com/.../...vcDm7H1tr7pcvo1_500.gif

• No one should have to say I love you, you both should have shown enough interest and love towards each other to know that you do, without having to actually state the obvious.

• So many passive girls according to the votes :p

I voted C).

• I made the mistake of telling her I loved her first, and I became needy, weak and unmysterious in her eyes very soon after. Never again.

• girls tend to say they love a guy, even if they don't. because they're scared of losing him. when a guy says it, however, it's almost always true. unless he's a player.

• I feel better when she does. I dont want to feel stupid

• It doesn't matter, so long as they mean it when they do

• The relationship starter. So in many cases, guy.

• I love you!

I guess that'll be guys

• Doesn't matter. Women shouldn't be afraid to say it. Men... Shouldn't be afraid to say it either

• Depends on the individual personalities of the people in the scenario. Why is this a gendered thing?

• the girl should say it first if she feels that way. guys dont risk it cause girls dont understand what it means when a guy says how he feels, than otherwise we risk losing her and getting a girlfriend is the most difficult thing for many guys

What Girls Said 17

• It doesn't matter. The guy or the girl can say it first whenever they feel it. All that matters is that it is genuine. I don't like when people just throw those words around, it makes it lose meaning.

• It really doesn't matter. Whoever feels like they love their SO and is comfortable enough to say so then they should.

• I don[t care lol!

• Whoever feels it first should say it.

• It doesn't matter but I personally will never say it to anyone ever again in my life. It just ends up with me being emotionally manipulated or rejected 😔

• Doesn't matter. If you really feel it then say it. But don't just say it to say it. It has to have meaning. It has to be genuine.

• It doesn't matter at all.

• I think the guy should. seeing as women are inherently more shy, it makes more stereotypical sense for the guy to say those three words first

• My boyfriend said it first, but I think either should be able to say it first

• When they feel it, whoever it is.

• Whoever feels that should just say it. Why does it matter if its the girl or the guy who says it first

• I feel like it doesn't, but from all the advice I've gotten it seems a girl is less likely to be believed/more likely to be labeled as crazy for saying it.

• If thats how they other party feels than i think its time to move on. The other person should seriously consider their feelings, not think its some weird crazy declaration
      But life never goes that smoothly

• Anyone who has more money

• Actually it doesn't matter. If i love him i can say it first

• It doesn't matter, whoever feels that way should express their feelings, regardless who it is.

• Who ever ur heart tells u to say I love you too

• In my experience saying I love you first was a bad idea so for me I would rather wait for a guy to say I love you

• Doesn't really matter who says it first. If it's genuine and within a decent time period... if that's how they feel, they should express it.