Would you be in a relationship with someone who hates dogs/animals?

I'm a 22 year old guy and I love animals, especally my dog, he's like family to me, a big baby and I would be devistated if something happened to him, he's a yellow labrador.

Anyways I met this girl in college, and we got along fine, and one day I brough her to my house and when she saw my dog she was like "You have a dog, eww I hate dogs"

and when I asked her about it she said that she does not like dogs or cats or animals in general. She finds them annoying and a pest and she does not understand why people like me like dogs and especially treat them like family and cuddle them with kisses and hungs and stuff.

TO be honest this really bothered me and every girl I have been in a relationship before always loved dogs and they would get so happy and exited when they saw my dog. Like it REALLY bothers me that she feels this way but I feel bad because we get along. But like how can I possibly have a serious relationship future with someone who hates or dislikes someone whos important in my life like my dog.

So dog, cat or animals lovers, would you be in relationship with someone who hates/dislikes pets/animals?

Most Helpful Girl

• I couldn't be with someone who hated animals. Especially if they hated my animals. My dogs are my babies and they are super important to me. I could never stay with someone who was 'ew' about my family and my dogs are my family. I could never marry someone who hated animals. I would compromise, say someone was more of a cat person for instance? But definitely not someone who hated animals. Animals are important and I think it shows someone's true character if they don't like innocent animals. Like what's wrong with them?

What Girls Said 23

• Absolutely not, I myself have dogs-- so if they hate them then BYE! Dogs usually have a good sense of people and I trust them more than I do trust some people actually.

• Not in a million years! Not if he was the last man on the planet!

It's one thing to not have dogs be your favorite animal. Personally, I'm a huge animal lover, but I think anything up to indifference is fine. But to not like any animal at all and consider them irritating would raise a major red flag with me. Have you asked her why she finds animals annoying?

Personally, I think such people are cold and heartless and seriously lacking in empathy. Highly suspicious.

• If they hated dogs, I could deal with it, even though I love dogs so much. But if they hated all animals, then no, definitely not.

• Pft. No.

I have a dog, two cats, and two horses.

If you date me you become the parent to my furry creatures.

• She isn't human. Run.

• I'm not an animal lover, but I also don't hate them. I'm afraid of them. Especially dogs. And when I tell people that they usually just brush it off and or get defensive about it. It's like not every person that isn't animal person is a person that harms them. I don't like to see harm done to them either. But I don't see myself every owning any.

• I'm not a pet person anyways so yeah BUT it's stupid to hate on animals, it's okay if you're not into having one as a pet, but unreasonably hate animals? Huh it's kinda shady tbh.

• Probably not considering I want to adopt a dog in the future.

• I would be able to handle it. Until I wanted to get a dog of my own lol

• No, especially dogs. I just love them so much. I rather stay away from guys who dislike dogs though he has all the potentials to be my SO.

• You met Satan in college? That's pretty awesome. My boyfriend at first wasn't ok with my cat and I told him if he didn't get over it I would dump him, they're now best friends.

• I would have a hard time being with someone who actively hated animals

• Tl;dr. But No.

• Absolutely not.

• I dont think I'd be a le to do that.. Like Im obsessed with animals haha I love them way too much

• Yeah I would. Some people just hate animals.

• I don't think so. I love animals.

• No. I have a dog and he's like my son.

• I would never be with someone that didn't love animals, that's just weird.

• Nope nope no, I need him to love animals just as much as me.

• No. My animals are apart of the fam

• What a bitch. My carnivorous parents kept eating meat, so I ditched them.

• I do not hate animals but I do not want to take care of a pet that I have no time to take care of. It's the dumb people who get pets knowing that they can not take care of it

What Guys Said 10

• I don't think I would. I just doubt that I'd click with somebody who didn't have a soft spot for a good dog or a good cat. (I'm not talking about the little, prissy foo-foo dogs. They're just annoying.) But for a dog like yours, there's nothing quite like a good solid dog.

• I don't think I could. I love animals. I want a dog and 2 cats.

• Yeah it would be fairly hard for me be in a relationship with someone who didn't like animals at all.

• I would never date a person who explicitly hates dogs. You have to be at least "okay" with dogs, or you're off the list.

• Yeah, I know your type, omg cute dog ewwwwwww ant *steps on it* ewwwwwwww snake *prod it with stick*.

Fucking hypocrites, at least that girl is consistent.

• who the fuck says I hate snakes or ants lol, I actually like snakes and used to have an ant farm as a kid, by the way I don't even kill bugs or eat animals since I'm vegan but whatever

• Patrik Baboumian is a vegan strongman and has set many records. Veganism does not affect testosterone and you can get a enough protein on a plant based diet. Your comment about veganism is ignorant and especially how you assumed to know about how I feel about ants or snakes when you don't even know me, bye troll

• Dogs are amazing. No body could hate my dog... If they feared dogs, they'd see differently after being around me and my dog that is even more goofy than me.

• NEVER EVER!

• I don't trust people who hate animals.

• As if I'd ever date a girl who wants me to get rid of my pet

• Can you please match me up with her?