I read that ending your sentences with a period through text messaging is a way to say you're angry is that true?

The poll I'm including is in general not necessarily my situation.

Is the period always hostile?

I messaged this guy I've had a crush on for a long time for his birthday and he wrote back "thank you." It was the first communication he and I had since we got in a big fight. And he replied 5 days later at 2 am.

I'm not sure if he was annoyed that I'd actually sent him the message and was trying to say now don't talk to me, or if he just finished it to finish it, or if maybe he was thinking about adding something afterwards and then didn't.

Our fight was he and I have both had crushes on each other for like 2 years, the first time we dated I went back to my ex after his dad died. Then we started hooking up I thought that was all he wanted and he thought that was all I wanted. It was hurting too much and I thought he had a girlfriend so I moved on and got a boyfriend. He gets busy at work so I don't hear from him a lot so when I told him I had a boyfriend he got upset. We rarely talked after that.

I was upset and thought maybe he had actually had a girlfriend the whole time like I thought (fb still said he was, he said he left it because he's never on) and because I hadn't heard from him I accuse that he'd actually had a girlfriend.

The next day he called me and was mad at me. Said that he just gotten out of the hospital and when he turned on his phone that was the first thing he'd seen. That he doesn't care about me that way anymore and he's been on a few dates with someone else.

His end of the conversation started out very much like, "don't ever contact me again." But by the end he was saying that he was always there if I needed him and maybe we could be friends in the future. So I reached out on his birthday. We hadn't talked in about a month.

Obviously I'm not going to contact him again I think it's up to him at this point. I just wish I knew how to make it better.

• It's always hostile.
  • It's never hostile.
  • It depends.

What Guys Said 2

• Lol I know that with Twitter and the like that they is a war on grammar, but damn haha.

• I'm glad I'm not the only one that was confused on this. I showed my friend that he replied because it was so much later took one look at it and told me it was bad because of that. I was like, what?

• It signifies the end of a sentence. It has no particular meaning.

What Girls Said 1

• It's correct grammar...