At what point do you consider you and another person to be dating?

are you "dating" after a couple of dates already or is it several dates in?

I know this is a stupid question but I've never really dated. I've been on a couple dates with a guy and I never really thought about this until someone asked me about him and me and I wasn't really sure how to answer that.

Most Helpful Guy

• When two people are setting up dates (times and places to meet or go) they are dating. They do not have to be exclusive or even have any particular level of involvement. For some reason a lot of people on here seem to think that dating means you are deeply involved and are exclusive. That just is not the definition of what dating is.

Even the Urban Dictionary makes the point that it is not something that deep in its published definition:
    "Of a couple, to be in the early stages of a relationship where they go out on dates to find out what each other is like, as a prelude to actually being a fully fledged couple."

Most Helpful Girl

• when he asks me to be his girlfriend and i say yes.

What Guys Said 3

• You're dating from the point where you meet each other with intentions further than to enjoy the company of a friend. When you already have a goal or some intentions or even just feeling the terrain about someone you are already interested. I consider that dating.

• When I ask them to be in a relationship with me.

• I'd say after you have been on a couple dates with them and have mutually agreed to date each other , I don't know but basically seen them more than once and feel its going somewhere

What Girls Said 0