What's the difference between asking a girl out and asking a girl to be your girlfriend?

Also, which one would sound better when asking it to a girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• Asking out: you ask to go on a specific date with her. You don't really say "hey do you wanna go out?" Well, at least, from what I've heard. You say, "hey wanna go do _____ on Saturday? Okay, it's a date". Then you go on dates until you decide to ask if she'll be your girlfriend. That's what I've heard, I've never actually done it.

Asking her straight up to be your girlfriend is kinda something that middle schoolers are known for because they don't really date beforehand.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 4

• Asking a girl out: asking her on a date; it's sort of like a trial period before you become bf/gf

Asking to be girlfriend: you become expensive

• If you want her to be your girlfriend, ask her to be your girlfriend. Asking someone "out" is like asking them on a date.

• If you want to make a relationship official, saying "will you be my girlfriend" is better than "will you go out with me".

• Ask her to be your girlfriend

What Guys Said 6

• If you want to make the relationship official then you ask 'will you be my girlfriend' but usually you would ask that after dating her and getting to know her. So first you ask for a date, build a relationship, then later on you could ask her to be your girlfriend.

• Asking a girl out is asking her to spend time with you to get to know each other. (I recommend being as open as possible with your intentions. aka call it a date so there is no awkward misunderstanding)

Asking a girl to be your girlfriend is asking her to be exclusive.

• Nothing. Dating is useless.

• Long-term versus short-term investment.

• being in a relationship is more serious than just dating someone , there is an expectation of commitment when someone is your girlfriend

• Asking someone out is more casual than the other. I recommend to ask this person out and specify it as a date. If you don't know the girl really well and are not 100% sure she likes you, then always ask out on a date first, rather than asking them to be your girlfriend.