Should a person in a relationship expect there partner to offer a shoulder to cry on? Does it matter which gender is upset?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends what made him cry. Women like s guy that is mentally strong. If it is the loss of a loved one yes! Really really bad news yes! But it can't be all the time cause we need a man 2 handle business and keep us strong and take charge in crisis. we can hang out with you we get if you are down. We will keep u command cuddle and stuff but not as a full time job watch s movie under s blanket and cuddle and remind you we are there for you. We can help u think things through. distract you from your problem massage you. We are like your corner in the ring. The rounds are long you are on your own in the fight. We will patch you up in s minute or two. Not a lot of time to cry. We will motivate you. Remind you of your strengths But we will get you ready for the next round.

Most Helpful Guy

• Being there for your loved one is definitely part of a healthy relationship. ;)

What Girls Said 17

• Yes, I think that's a reasonable expectation for both people. Being in a relationship means supporting your partner and being there for them when they are upset. The gender of the person who is upset does not matter. I want my boyfriend to be there for me when I'm sad and I would be there for him too.

• Absolutely. The joy of being in a relationship is sharing good times and bad. Support is essential and each person alive deserves that. Gender is irrelevant.

• Yup! I would in a heartbeat!

• Yes, you've got to be there for each other. If you give and give and are always there for someone but they don't reciprocate? It's very one sided and will cause issues :/

• I mean I would think that one's significant other would want to be there for them during their time of need.

• Of course... what kinda relationship would it be if you weren't there to support each other through the rough times?

• If not, what the hell are you together for?

• Of course, That's part of being in a relationship.

• Um. Yes. If you're with someone then you have to care for them emotionally too.

• Helping each other in a relationship is essential.

• I think if your not an emotional support for your partner they will eventually find it somewhere else.
    If your not emotionally supporting someone, then your just using them for sex. What's the point of being faithful?

• Yes, why else have a partner? And no it doesn't matter who is sad.

• Yes of course

• it does not matter who is upset, if your sad, your gf/bf should help

• Of course and doesn't matter which gender is upset you should always try to help yep 😊

• I'm supportive and if I ever need support, would like to know my boyfriend is there for me. It doesn't matter which gender is upset; being there for one another is the point of relationships for me. Maybe not for everyone, but it is for me.

• Yes offering sympathy is something id expect in a relationship...

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think it matters the gender... I think if your woman has a problem you should be there for her to comfort her... And I would expect that my woman should be there for me to comfort me in my time of need as well.