I'm 5 months older than him?

people laugh at the fact that I'm older than my boyfriend by 5 months, we're both 17. it never used to concern me, but do you think it's an issue worth dwelling over? is 5 months really a big deal? thaaanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• i believe the issue is you listening to these idiots... haven't you heard of people dating older... young guy-older woman, young girl-older man...
    it happens, keep your head down and love/respect your man and it should be all good... i mean... till y'all break up...

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be thinking in terms of years, not months. You're both 17. You're both the same age. And literal age doesn't mean much, because maturity can vary widely regardless of age anyway. My SO is 8 years older than me, and I am the more world-wise, mature one in the relationship, but he has the more traditional career/adult lifestyle. So he's the one in the relationship that everybody assumes is the more "adult," but I am the one managing the finances, making the investment decisions, etc.

It's all just a matter of maturity, not age.

• That's not to say, of course, that he's immature or stupid. :) On rereading, it kinda sounds like I was saying that. He's quite smart, he just acts much younger than he is. :)

What Guys Said 16

• Do those people expect you to only date someone who was born on the same day or something?

• This is the biggest non-issue I've ever heard. My mom is 7 years older than my dad and they've been together for about 21 years.

• It's not an issue. All my gfs except for one, have been month older than me. The oldest was almost 10 months older. No one ever said anything, and I never cared.

• No. How is that even an issue? There is no problem with that.

• My girlfriend is 5 months older than me and that hasn't been a source of any problems.

• Of course not. Just relax and have fun!

That's what you're supposed to do in relationships when you're 17. ;)

• nah 5 months isn't a big deal. It's just more common that boys are older, but people must accept that there are exceptions to everything.

• No its not a problem.

• No jus luv him fuck what other folks think they jus hatin

• Not really a big deal. I had girlfriend 2 years older than me and it went pretty fine.

• Not a major deal.

• Lmao 5 months is NOTHING

• That's nothing... Your good!

• You are exactly the same age... 5 months apart is practically the same.

• ... no...

• I fucked with 31yo woman when I was 13.

What Girls Said 22

• "Age is just a Number, Never should be a Remainder," and with this, being 'People laugh' at this Silly 'Fact,' Just remember This: They are still Wet behind the Ears in Years and may someday, find themselves in an even Bigger Same Scenario.
    Good luck and Pay them no mind. xx

• Wow, they're childish.

5 months isn't a difference at all.

Try years.

• haha I am 2 years old than my boyfriend.

• 5 months is nothing. people are just being ridiculous.

• So? I'm two years and two months older than my boyfriend.

• 😂😂😂

people won't shut up about the fact that I like guys older than me, 10 or 11 years are not a problem for me.

honey, 5 months... that's nothing

• Not at all. The only thing that does matter is if you're happy together.

• who laughs, and whats wrong with them...

there are people who are decades older than their partner. who cares. no one should.

• Why would it be a big deal? I don't really understand why people care. Age is just a number, please don't let small minded people affect your relationship.

• Oh god, it must suck to be surrounded by idiots.

• People make a big deal out of it just to get on your nerves, ignore them. You and your boyfriend are basically the same age.

• Teenagers exaggerate a lot of little things

• Umm it's not an issue at all XD

• Not an issue at all... I'm older than my boyfriend by 7 months. Hasn't changed a thing between us. I joke with him and call myself a cougar, but he loves it. Good luck!

• Honey, block those retards out of your mind. It's only five months. Age doesn't have a number in the dating field. You're fine. 😘

• Try 5 years. 5 months is nothing. If you're that worried about it, find a guy who's born on the exact same day and time as you. Good luck haha, you'll be looking for a while

• It's nothing. My friend is going out with a guy 7 years younger than her :)

• I don't see a problem here.

• That's not a big deal. I once dated a guy two years younger

• No that's silly

• Lol my boyfriend is 6 years older than me. Lol don't give two fucks about it. It's just a couple of months. It's not like it's 20 years older. Do you and be happy :)

• Are oooyou idiot or?