Date: I said "maybe another time" but I really do like him?

I approached a guy I liked, because I had a suspicion he liked me too. We talked for a little and he asked me if I wanted to get a drink with him. I said "maybe another time". I really like him, but I don't drink, and I had work early the next morning. I didn't explain this to him. Now he's been acting a bit cold and distant toward me. Do you think that's because I turned him down?

I want to go on a date with him... just not for drinks. Do you think I should ask him to lunch/coffee? Or just let it go?

Most Helpful Guy

• You rejected him. If that wasn't your intent, ask him out.

Most Helpful Girl

• He thinks you rejected him! It's up to you to ask him out now. Just explain why you couldn't go the first time.

What Guys Said 2

• Your response was a typical "let him down easy" way of saying thanks, but no thanks I'm not interested. You should've just told him you don't like to drink and maybe get a coffee instead.

• Let i go.

What Girls Said 1

• Ask him out!!! He thinks you rejected him so he's distancing himself. You asking him out will boost him back up. I would explain to him exactly what you said here and why you said "maybe another time", then follow that up with "what are you doing this Friday? Want to grab a bite?"