Do you think all is fair in love and war?

Do you think all is fair in love and war?

When you have an objective in both love and war the rules of hard play is acceptable. Those are the only two areas where anything you do can be forgiven.

"People in love and soldiers in wartime are not bound by the rules of fair play."

The proverb is more frequently used within a love situation. Where two people are fighting for the affection of a third person, and where they don't care which boundaries they cross, they will do whatever it takes to win this person's heart.

Do you think it is fair? Can love be used as an excuse to mislead, lie, betray or inflict pain onto others?

0|1
2|4

Most Helpful Guy

• In war it's very importnt to have rules, like prisoners of war should be treated decently, or hospitals shouldn't be targeted etc. Those rules make it a lot less horrible on both sides. It's still war don't get me wrong but it could be worse.

In love I guess people will go further than they usually will but still not "all" is fair. I think this is more of a idea that people like to throw out there that they would do anything for the person they love but it's not a rule that you should actually follow.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• No, not everything is fair in love and war.

1|0
    0|0
  • That only sounds nice lyrically. Anything that takes a person's life or right to live isn't anywhere near fair. Ofcourse its just more appropriate to say 'to the Victor goes the spoils'.

1|0
    0|0
  • Boom

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2