Guys, Would it annoy you if your Girlfriend took really long showers?

I have always taken my time in the shower, as much as 40 to 45 mins. Although if I hurry, I can get it done in 25. The reason for me taking that Long is mainly my extremely Long and thick hair, which literally takes 3 to 5 minutes to even just properly wet, before I can apply my shampoo...

So one of my exes found this extremely annoying, and constantly complained about it. It was the biggest thing we fought over lol!

So I was wondering, would you guys out there find this annoying?

29

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 28

• No, I wouldn't care at all. I take long showers and my hair is incredibly short.

It relaxes me, and since I deal with a lot of anxiety through out my day, I can really use that relaxation. If I had hot tub, I'd be using that instead, but I don't.

If someone got pissed off at me for taking a long shower, granted I wasn't using their water or something, I'd look at them with a "are you serious?" look on my face, and if they continue that argument, I wouldn't continue the relationship. If you are going to argue with me over something as stupid as that, especially when it benefits a problem I deal with, I'll show you the door.

• doesn't bother me accept for the fact that 1. our water bill will reflect the waste of water and 2. the general waste of water and impact on the environment

i don't find it annoying, and love a long shower as much as anyone, but it is rather irresponsible as a consumer

• If there was only one shower in the morning, I might find it annoying. I'd try to find a compromise like she showers the night before since she wants to use all the not water.

• I wouldn't mind as long as it didn't make us late for any events, or didn't keep me from taking a shower when I need to.

• Nope because I also take long showers. However, I will never find a girlfriend anyway so…

• Annoying if I 'really' needed to drop a number 2 and the place only had single bathroom. But otherwise not a long term issue.

• Nope

• Can't damn a girl for taking long showers when you take long showers yourself. Which I do, so I can't judge. Though I've been trying to cut down, I need to get the water bill down.

• I would mind more about the electricity bill. Not to the point I would be super mad though.

• It was always at hotels, seeing as in he lived in London, and visited me in Singapore. He was mainly mad cos he had to wait for me to get ready...

• @frozenhorizon
      I wouldn't mind having that 10$ in my pockets instead...

• Okay, true, I have been through some times where I was nearly completely broke and even $10 per month actually made a difference.

• As long as I don't hear the water flowing all the time, I am fine because I feel pain at wasting water.

Moreover, I would rather have her take extra time and do the extra stuff (like shaving etc) than come out in 5 mins every time and keep pushing back the shaving part.

• Honestly the only time I'd find it annoying is if you made me late for something, but honestly I'd probably ask you ahead of time to take a shower an hour early or something or the night before if it was an early in the morning thing. If I didn't ask you and I knew you took long showers I'd blame myself. I'm not gonna hate on you for taking care of your hair, I want my girl to look pretty xD :P

• Nope. It would be pretty hypocritical since I do the same thing. I usually shower for 30 minutes because it's relaxing

• i mean it wouldn't actually legitimately annoy me, but i would just be like "what the FUCK are you doing in there?". i dont know if its from the army but i'm in the shower no longer than 6 or 7 minutes. its usually 5 minutes. get in there, do what i gotta do, and get out. i have no time to be standing under the water contemplating life lol

• I don't know why anyone would care, I wouldn't. The only time it might be annoying is if we had plans for a certain time and it made us more than a few minutes late. But even then it probably would only bother me if it happened all the time.

• Yes it's super annoying. Unless he's in there with you then you can take as long as you want. Guys don't like to be left hanging...

• I would find it somewhat irritating, yes.

• Yeah it's annoying, I'd never deal with that

• Won't annoy if I am in there

• If I'm paying the water bill, it'd annoy the hell out of me.

• I wouldn't mind 😏 I'll be like... Can I join in?

• would't matter... tank got turned down...

• Yeah that's pretty dumb. Get a haircut.

• Wow no! Fight over long time in shower? I mean no one would wanna fight about it

• no if i was in a hurry id go in with her, whats the problem?

• Of course not. My current girlfriend does this too. Even I take 20-35 minutes usually. Because I shave my chest, pubic area, butt and thighs. Nothing wrong with taking long showers because you're getting clean.

• not if I was with her ;) :P

• Yeah that would probably be annoying and its extremely wasteful of water.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more