Question for women 18 to 25 why do you always look down on older guys who find you attractive?

Okay forgive my punctuation I'm using talk type and it doesn't always put all the punctuation in why do younger women always look down on older guys I find them attractive the other day I was talking to a 20 year old girl and we had a great conversation I asked her what she like to get together one night and she got all weirded out don't you realize that not every older guy is just out to use you and there are older guys that find you attractive and by rejecting them outright you might be missing out on a great guy I want to know your thoughts and don't you mean probably don't have anything in common that's why you try to get to know someone to see if you do or you don't

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't necessarily look down on them but as a woman who dated a lot of older men in my early 20s (I'm 25 now) I can tell you that a lot of them just liked me for my body and shallow reasons. Women are generally very immature in their early twenties. So unless a man is really immature or wants someone to control what can he really want besides for sex or shallow things? As women develop mentally and maturity wise they can still be beautiful but slightly less youthful. At 25 I am finding more men who want to date and not just hit on me. They take me more seriously now. I wouldn't date more than 35 years old at this point.

Girls probably feel uncomfortable because you are old enough to be her dad you are automatically at a power imbalance she feels like you just want to use her body or take advantage, even if naive they usually can get a sense.

Sometimes a large age gap can work but it's more the exception especially when the girl is under 22 and still not fully mature.

And trust me from experience I have daddy issues. The reason I wanted men unsuitably older (more than ten years) was because I had daddy issues and low self esteem and I was trying to fulfill my emotional needs in an unhealthy way.

I took a break from dating and went to therapy and though I still find men somewhat older attractive I am not interested in someone older than 33. Finally what people always told me sunk in after years of denial-that I need a man in a similar place in his life who isn't so old that he'll view me as a child and someone he won't respect. After being emotionally and mentally abused and used by more than one controlling older man, I learned my lesson. Now if I hit 30 and single I would prob date 40s. But at 25 I can stop at an 8 year gap.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• For me a lot of them are old enough to be my father and I don't go with that. That way not part of my standards and many of them are lustful towards me, and its disgusting. Reminder, I am taking about me. All I don't agree with it. The point is the age difference and the age bracket. I prefer within two years. None older then that or younger then that.

• The idea of someone old enough to be my father finding me attractive is kinda creepy. Anyway, I generally wouldn't get with anyone much older than me because I want someone with roughly the same experience and at the same place in life as me.

• I'm not quite in this age range... I'm 26 but I'd say you'd have more luck with girls on this side of 25. I love older men, always have, always will. My ex is a year younger than you.

• Ok fair enough. you genuinely want to get to know her. not 'use' her.

and if a 58 year old woman catted o up and asked to get together bc she was genuinely interested in you.. How would you respond?

• I'd probably talk to her if it went well and get together my dad he was 40 when he met my step-mom she was 56

• I still want to have more children so I have to go younger

• got it/. so this is all very normal for you. cool story btw:) i alway like those things.

well honestly this was one girl not all will feel this way. i have a lot of friends women and men 10 20 30 40 years older... i think it just deeds on what one is used to and how narrow or open minded they are. i wouldn't feel bad over one person though :)

• I'm just not attracted to older men. I prefer a more youthful look. Another reason is if I love someone I don't want to lose them and if I'm with an older man the likelihood of him passing away before me increases substantially.

• Because they are into guy their own age.

• Because I'd rather be left alone

What Guys Said 0