Does anyone else feel there aren't nearly enough interracial/inter-ethnic romance movies?

and for that matter what few black romance movies there are always seem to be set somewhere urban. plenty of black people live in the burbs and country too

• yes, more interracial romance movies would be great!
  • no, I only want to see romantic movies with people dating their own race
  • I don't like romantic movies at all.
... I actually can't even think of any other than a few movies where the woman was hispanic and the guy was white. if anyone knows of any titles let me know in your opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely. I always get a thrill when I see interracial couples in commercials and stuff. I'd love to see more movies like this.

What Guys Said 9

• Mix it up... Race is dumb anyway...

• I honestly don't care.

• not into the romcoms?

• Not my favorite genre, but I do watch some. Thing is I don't mind what race the couple is, I never pay attention to that. It all depends on the personality of the man, to whether or not I can relate. Sometimes I relate more to black romcoms than white.

• that's interesting, I don't think I ever paid that much attention to whether I can relate to the woman or not.

I just think it'd be nice to see more variety/diverse couples on screen.

• yup, there are quite a few, should be more which would be evasive to racism

• I can't stand that the few that I can think of focused too much on racism instead of just showing people falling in love

• yup i agree, this mindset needs to be changed

• Han Solo had a black ex wife no joke it's revealed in a Star Wars comic, I am not shutting either, if Han Soli had an interracial relationship anyone can.

• the author should decide who the races are in a story not anyone else.
    the author or director or whatever will decide based on skill and story setting not based on fear of racism.

• the studio decides actually, but that's not the point. studios reject those types of scripts.

• I think there are quite a few but most of them are underrated and underwatched.

• I actually tried googling it out of curiosity. there's very few movies, but a bunch of side plots on TV shows. sadly always to stir up controversy

• I care more about a fallen over bag of rice than that.

• I don't want to make it a "race" thing though. If you do that then it's forced and isn't romantic anymore.

• I don't want them to be about race either. just like more on screen romantic diversity.

• It's because they are genuinely nonexistent in real life. They are also boring. The dramatic nature of interracial relationships is only captivating in extreme settings. Slaves & The South, Warring States and old bad relations, but modern era? Who cares. Interracial sex is common though marriage isn't.

• you're very ignorant. there's tons of interracial relationships in any place that's diverse. and only racist like you cause all that drama. babye.

• how do you people notice these things
    i dont care what color my laptop is i only care about its core , sometimes i can't even remember its color

What Girls Said 4

• It's be nice to see something other than the black male/white female couple. It's practically a cliche at this point.

• I've never actually seen a romance movie with the main characters being bmww, maybe friends of the couple, but never the leads. and usually they're only there for shock value. they never have any real story line.

• "It just seems that black male/white female is the interracial couple of choice in film. It's virtually never anything else."

Eh, I think you mean "White Male-Asian Female". Jungle Fever, Save the Last Dance, and Guess Who's Coming Home to Dinner are the only movies I can think of that prominently feature a BM/WF couple and those are all at least 15 years old.

• @EngineeringStudent more like white male hispanic female. again how many romance films can you think of where the leads are wm/aw?

• I love interracial couples. Maybe that's racist to say, but I don't care!

• why is that so important?

• because I'm black and have only ever dated white guys. I'd like to see an on screen couple that represents my type of experiences.

I also am not attracted to muscles and hate that the lead guy is usually overly beefed up.

• I am mixed (half-German and half-black). My parents have been married for 21 years and they are just like every other married couple nothing different or unusual.

• exactly! it would be nice to see that on screen.

• No. In fact there should be less