I am 19 going on 20... the guy I'm talking to is 28 with a 9 year old daughter?

Things are starting to get serious and I was wondering how I should handle this. I mean it's not like she's 2 or 3 or even 5 she's 9. A lot of people have told me he's too old too much baggage but I really honestly care for him, like him and want to be with him. Am I blindly by the reality?

Do you honestly think a guy that age would honestly want to seriously be in a committed relationship with someone my age?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure just don't try to be a surrogate mother because you're just too close to her age that would be weird.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think if you want someone than it won't matter what he has!

What Guys Said 5

• Do you love him? Do you love his daughter? These are the things you have to seriously consider if you're looking to have a committed relationship with this guy.

• Sure. Why not?

• Sounds mismatched.

• Gosh. I don't wanna think girls are really that stupid seriously, and I bet you can't even wipe ass of 9 year old girl.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 8

• Lol there's no way hes"too old" if you guys connect well then that's all that matters. If you are acceptable of his daughter then definitely continue things with him. People will have their opinions and views but look back at them? It's your life and your child choice. I personally prefer older men up to 33 because I get along with them better. I'm currently 23 going on 24 this year I'm dating a 31 y/o

• My parents have an age gap of 9 years and they do just fine.
    I guess it depends.

• Don't worry about what other people say, what's most important is how you feel and what your heart tells you to do...

• If you truly love each other, and if you love his daughter, go for it! Normally, men with children don't play around.
    Age doesn't matter if you can handle the responsibility of being the stepmother of that child.

• Yeah I think that's fine as long as you accept that he has baggage

• Sounds OK, just remember though there's a reason the old girlfriend left him.

• hookup only or he search a baby sitter for his brat

• Its just that you're to young and practically just starting life and there's so much to learn. Dont get me wrong therea nothing wrong witb being with someone that has a kid. But when i date the guy their child also has to become something in ur life.