Do you and your SO have each other's phone password?

Most Helpful Guy

• No we don't, I've never needed her phone for anything, and if I did, I'd just ask her if I can have it for a sec.

Even then, I really don't care about her messages or call logs, it is none of my concern, after all.

She probably won't have my fingerprint for my phone. o-o

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't have a Passcode and I know his.

There was never a trust issue when it came to phones. I just needed to use his one day (in the way way beginning of the relationship) and he gave me the pass.

If you aren't willing to let the other person know your password then you aren't ready for a serious relationship. I'm not saying they should go through your phone or check anything (bc that means they don't really trust you), but it's a little weird if you don't want your SO to know your pass.

What Guys Said 16

• She doesn't use a password and I use my fingerprint. She doesn't have my emergency backup password. Unless I'm murdered, maybe by her, LOL, she'll just have to toss the phone of so a master clean and reset.

• I do but I'm not the immature where I find the need to check if she's hanging with other guys. As long as they know not to take advantage of her I'm cool with her hanging with her guy or girl friends. So to me her phone is mostly private unless I need desperately to borrow a unit on her brave frontier profile lol.

• No. There's discussions that happen between friends that are meant to stay private, not for the privacy of the person's phone or what it contains, or what it may mean for that person - but for the other person. The other person has a right to privacy and their conversations and communications should not be (and can be illegal to disclose via privacy act) shared with others without consent of both parties.

• No we don't have passwords or codes to anything of each other.

We both keep our private life separate.

• If she has to check my phone for if I'm talking to other girls, she's not worth my time since I haven't given her a reason to distrust me

That said, I don't have a password on my phone

• She is not allowed allowed to have my password because I would not be able to text any girl I like behind her back, I demand her password so I can see whether she's texting other guys. LMAO

In all seriousness yes I would give it to her, she would have complete access to all of my personal things. I would expect her to do the same for me, we should have nothing to hide from each other. That is the meaning of trust. ^^

• No they're things that both need to keep to themselves and trust that the other has the integrity to respect each other and they're privacy.

• She can't access mines unless she uses my fingers. I use the finger scanner to unlock my phone.

• No we trust each other.

• Don't have an SO. Would not give her my phone password.

• We didn't. She tried to hack into my phone.

• Yea i share my password with my hand...

:(

• Yes... we have nothing to hide

• No. That's no fun.

• Can't you use your phone as an text message interceptor, where the text goes to you has well as their intended recipient? I think there's some app you can get somewhere, I wanna say it's like stringray

• My phone is not password protected but if it was, and if I had a girlfriend, then I couldn't care less if she had my phone's password or not

What Girls Said 18

• I know what his is. I've seen him access his phone enough to know. He has never explicitly told me what it is, though. I do not have a password on my phone. And I do not log myself into his phone. Even if he is there and hands me his phone I always have him log me in.

• My partner doesn't have a phone, so obviously I don't know his :P But he knows my password (it's pretty easy, it's just the day and month I think we got together) and he goes on there a lot to play around on my phone seeing as he doesn't have his own. I'm cool with it.

• My boyfriend and I have the same phone password. He changed his to mine while we were dating because we would always use my phone for Netflix and then later he would lock his phone up because he tried putting my password in his phone.

• He knows mine because its really easy to guess if you know me.
    He has unlocked my phone before but never did anything on it. When he does it, he has just taken it from my hands haha. I have nothing to hide, I don't care.
    I know his code because he puts it in in front of me, but I have never gone though his phone. I don't feel a need to.

• No thats crazy! lol

• that's sick lol

• I don't have a password on my phone my s. o. Does, I've gone through his phone in the past and found some discouraging material. I don't have his password since I told him I went through his phone.

• The only phone password I have is my managers. I don't remember why he gave it to me, but I know it.

• Yup, we've got the same password. Its more of just a convenience and relationship thing though because we rarely have each other's phone

• I don't keep a password on my phone. He usually doesn't look at my phone anyways.

• I don't see a point of having phone passwords? If your a couple. Weird... I don't even lock my phone now. Unless I'm around nosy friends or family.

• No since we are in a LDR. Though we share every other password.

• We share the same password.

• Yes we do but only to play games or to check it for each other if we can't.. We got nothing to hide so why not?

• No SO found, and no I'd not demand such a thing from them!

I'd just crack the code ;) lol

• Yup, but we are married and hardly use each other's phones.

• Neither are password protected so...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more