The guy I like doesn't want a relationship. Should I try something else?

I work with this guy and he's the nicest person ever. Never talks down to anyone, greets everyone, he's always in such a good mood. His smile is amazing... there's so many other things I could list. He knows how I feel about him but said he doesn't want a relationship. After he said that I tried ignoring him so I could get over him but we still talk all the time and I still love seeing him almost everyday. I get super jealous when I hear him mention other girls because I want to be the one!!

I thought about making him my friends with benefits just so I can be close to him in some way. I don't want to give up and I don't know when I'll ever get the chance with someone as amazing as him again... would it be worth it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys who genuinely don't want a relationship are like girls who genuinely don't want sex: they do exist, but they are rare.

It's much more likely that you just haven't managed to persuade him to have a relationship with you. Be smiley, happy, flirty, supportive, interested in his interests, interesting. Give him an appetizer of what a relationship with you could be like. Distinguish yourself from the competition (bear in mind that women's preferences are much less diverse than men's. If you like this man, the chances are that many other women are also after him).

Most Helpful Girl

• Being friends with benefits with a guy you have feelings for is probably THE most stupid thing girls do. Do you think you are suddenly going to stop liking him once you have sex? Girl, the only thing that will happen is you will harder for him and want him even more leaving you with a massive broken heart. At some point you'll have to face the facts and move on. Opting for friends with benefits is just delaying the inevitable.

What Guys Said 1

• just talk chill and keep showing you care maybe he will get the message and take you up on your request to date. He just probably doesn't want to sell you or himself short on the relationship. Just be calm happy and prove to him that its worth his time to invest in a relationship. If he still is pushing you away then you know to move on.

What Girls Said 6

• You want a relationship... he doesn't , so why settle for less than you really want? It would only end up in heartache for you. Why put yourself in such a vulnerable position. A friends with benefits means you are good enough to sleep with, but not good enough to be with. Eventually he will dump you for a girl he wants a relationship with.. ... that will come at a great cost to your own emotional state . No guy is worth that.

• Do NOT enter into a casual sex thing with someone you already have deeper feelings for.

Sex will NOT change a guy's mind if he has already decided he doesn't want a relationship. All this will do is hurt you more.

• If you want a relationship with him, don't settle for friends with benefits. It will not make you happy. You'll be trapped even further because you'll be doing more with him and he still won't want to be in a relationship with you. It happens and it sucks! But definitely don't sleep with him. Accept that this is how it is and just try and move on and meet someone else who does want the things you want.

• This is so similar to my situation that it's scary. I even thought about the whole FWBs thing. But it's not worth it. You'll always want more and he's not going to give it to you. You'd be settling. I know it seems like an easy solution but it'll be damaging in the long run.

• Becoming FWB's with him will only end in a lot of hurt for you.

• Give him up love. You can't force someone to like you. Being a friend with benefits is one of the worst things I've heard today because a guy/girl may just come to like you because of your body and it'll just be a sexual attraction.