Can a guy be TOO good?

Is too good a problem? I know many of you are going to say I'm stupid for even asking this but It's something that concerns me a bit so please be respectful.
I've met this guy, he's tall, cute, and all my common friends tell me he's literally the nicest person they've ever met. He's very caring and SO respectful towards woman, has a personality which is very deep (he kind of lives in his own world). He's very different, but still isn't strange. I've always had a thing for bad guys, those who give you the thrill and then are probably jerks.
I'm kind of already answering my question by writing this but I'm actually SCARED I won't get to like him just because I'm attracted to something "worse". This sounds stupid, is it? I'm going to just wait, but really hope things work out this time!

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been told that I'm one of those guys by friends and females alike... and it really doesn't feel good to be "like a brother" all the time... no no no. Lets go deeper here.
    EVERYYYTHING in social media, Disney, commercials, Entertainment, list goes on, tells Everyone that you should be like this or that which doesn't leave much room for the others. Yes, I'm blaming Hollywood and "the people at the top of the pyramid." It Idolizes that which isn't important. So I'm actually not surprised that someone can feel the way you say you do. These barbie like women are literally taught that thier beauty is all they have to offer (atleast first). Guys are displayed being the dicks that most of my guy friends are. Now we have to look either rich or have a great "swag", otherwise we're scum. The women are stuck between what they actually want "A nice guy" & what is deemed socially acceptable "The bad boy." Not saying a bad boy can't turn good and vice versa, but being aware of the differences makes the difference. Sorry about the goose chase;/ To answer your question. Don't be afraid of someone different;) and every Yin has a Yang~

• You are totally right and I think I'll always prefer the good guy☺️ Just be patient because there are few of you left

• Thank you^^

What Guys Said 10

• He's basically another you, ie one of the girls. People generally want someone with qualities that complement one another, ie female and male energies go well together, they balance each other out. If you have two females, then the whole thing becomes a bit neurotic and unsure ;) Active complements passive. Passive and passive, and active and active relationships don't work very well.

Ideally, you'd find a well balanced active/assertive guy. ie a man with some female qualities. Rather than the 'bad guy', who by extension, doesn't really care.

If you're not feeling it, then?

• and yes, 'too good', sacrificing your own needs in some socially derived notion of good doing, being passive to other peoples' expectations, the very definition. That's my take.

• a guy can be "too good" until you get to know him for everything he is. doesn't mean he's bad, but you're only seeing one side of him right now, which is why he is "too good".

• So far it seems it is possible. Either that or i just have super terrible lucl, which is also entirely possible.

• Nobody is perfect but he might be "too good" for you meaning too nice etc

• If you're worried about not getting him to something you probably like him.

• Why don't you just do fun or thrilling activities together?

• Do you like the idea of getting naked with him?

• Do you actually like like him, or do you feel you should because he's so nice?

Either way, don't be that girl that jerks him around. If you really like him treat him nice like the guys you say are "probably jerks" and you will get it paid back and then some.

With "too good" don't have unrealistic expectations, he may be super nice but he is a real person with flaws and feelings, remember that.

• I've had quite a few girlfriends say they knew they were never going to be able to hold onto me because they were not "good enough" for a guy like me. I think it's kind of sad to devalue yourself like that. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.

• It isn't really what I mean. I don't think he's better than me, at all. We're actually quite alike, but I wanted to know if there can be a guy that is this way. I guess I've just been used to the wrong type of people for too long! Good luck with the next girl though!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• Hmm!!! Yes!

• Okay here's what i think (please don't hate me):
    1. Your not really ready to date because your mostly interested in short term guys
    2. You don't know the 'nice' guy well enough, you should probably try to get to know some of his other layers
    3. He's totally not your type, you should try going for an adventure seeker who likes living a little closer to the edge
    Just a note: Don't confuse bad boys with adventurous boys. Personally I think you should go with opinion 3 and try going out with someone who's willing to say, go bungee jumping, or something.

• No one is really ever really to good. Look deeper, he is bound to slip up

• Not in my opinion. There is no such thing as "too good".