Would you date someone who was unemployed?

For me it would depend on the situation. If the guy was doing everything in his power to find work again I would probably date him but if he seemed lazy and happy to remain unemployed I would definitely not. So that leads me to ask what does everyone else think?

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends, if I knew she was looking yes. But if she started asking for money I would say no, and tell her that she has to get some kind of job, even a min wage job for the time being. If I really liked her, I would try to find a way to stay.

I am not having luck getting decent work, but I have a crappy job while I look for other things to pursue or apply to.

• Thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends. Given your age... guys you'd date are most likely out of school and employable so it'd be different. Guys my age are usually still in school or just out of it so if they were unemployed that'd be different than if I were in my late 20's, ya know?

As it stands... my current boyfriend technically has a job. He's an RA. Makes like $200 a month... but it's something. He's also a nationally ranked swimmer and a double major in college so it's not like he actually has the time to work.

But if we were older and he were out of school (or hadn't gone in the first place) and he weren't looking for work... then I'd be less likely do date him.

What Guys Said 14

• It doesn't have to be any kind of high powered job, even waiting tables or charity work is good with me. Fulltime education is fine too. If they were out of work, i'd be wanting to know why and what happened at their previous employment (sacked for being a nutter for example). Around my age i'm looking for someone to live with so before kids at least, they have to be able to contribute to the income.

• sure.

• At my age it wouldn't matter much, but in the long run, that's not a good thing. Especially if they're not looking for a job... I want to be with someone that's ambitious.

• no. nothing against them cause i was looking for 1 for a long time and it's a lot harder than just getting a job. it's not necessarily that the person is lazy. it took me forever and a half despite filling out tons of job applications and getting turned down more times than you've ever been turned down. it can actually get really frustrating. with that said, i'd wait till they get 1 and sort of get settled.

• Depends on the circumstances. If they are just lazy and expect me to pay for things then yes, that's not acceptable. If they don't need to work for some reason (well off) or don't expect me to pay or help them in anyway then it's their choice/life. As long as it doesn't affect me.

• Yes as long as she was actively looking for a job and she didn't expect me to support her financially

• It's hard to answer since I was unemployed for a while and only recently got a job but at the same time I'm also a student at university.
    It's not easy to get a job but if she truly wanted to get one and was searching for one then I would.

• Getting a job isn't easy tbh especially in my age group

So I wouldn't care or be bothered

But if we're like 24 and she's not a full time student and not even attemtping then thats. Problem

• The thing with getting a job is it is not easy.

If you are your age you get seen as not mature yet.
      If you are a woman about 30 you get seen as she will only work for 1 year and then start having kids.
      If you are over 60 you get seen as well they won't stay long before they retire.

Plus most people want experienced people and are not willing to train anyone, now, to get experienced in the first place someone needs to give you a chance.

• So long as they can pay their own way... Who knows maybe she's "unemployed" because she's a trust fund baby with 20 million sitting in investments. :p I know some girls like that... I think it's better that a girl have a life and career though.

• Umm, I'm a college drop out and currently "unemployed".
    I'm at the bottom of the barrel
    Scummiest of the scummmmm

• Well I do have 2 "part" time jobs but its like it doesn't even exist. I'm just busy

• If this person is a full time student, yes.

• I would date someone who is unemployed.

• same question for you? so what's your answer

• I'm unemployed and my girlfriend expects me to pay for everything when she gets $1600 a month I get 0$. Gender roles are retarded.

What Girls Said 10

• I started dating my now boyfriend exactly at the same time I voluntarily quit my job.
    I worked as a waitress for about three months before finding a new job.

I am happy he always believed in me and never seemed to doubt my skills even when I almost did myself (we were former coworkers at that company).

• Only if they are trying to find work and have high chances of getting a descent job (not that some jobs are not descent, I mean descent in the $$$ department, as long as it's legal and not sex industry related).

• >expects man to make '$$$' to date her
      >can't even spell decent

If you're gonna dig gold, at least pretend to be moderately educated.

• @TheHooptyMiata Oh honey I would be glad to stop, but I'm having fun with you rn, you're ridiculously hilarious... A part of me wishes that the age stated in your profile is not your real age , just for the sake of humanity!
      A fan base doesn't pay bills mon coeur !

• Je sais que je suis un peu en retard mais es-tu francophone parce que j'ai trouvé plusieurs erreurs de grammaire dans ton post. Ce n'est pas toujours possible d'utiliser la structure anglaise pour écrire une phrase.

• I would if it was extremely casual. Since I'm no longer 16 and not into 'casual dating', or dating at all, then no.
    I need someone as responsible as myself - whatever you can find - having a job is important. Even if you're not happy doing it.

• I could date someone that was unemployed but still had goals and passions and was not content with being unemployed. I could not date someone that was comfortable with doing nothing for the rest of there life.

• Same as you. I have zero interest in an unmotivated guy.

• Yes, but it will depend on his situation. If he got laid off, etc. But I honestly would prefer a working man, as I work myself and want to be able to go on dates, as the man usually pays for everything. So it has its pros and cons definitely.

• not only would i, i have., why should a man have to be the one with the money, the "provider". that leaves so much room for selfish women to take advantage., im not saying men aren't capable of the same but hey were often selfish greedy bitches, it is what it is.

• Yeah I would.

• never I want a bread winner...

• Well a guy thay was my crush is 26. just recently got his drivers license and also got his first official job. He claimed he wanted to go to school but never did anything about it he just complains about how expensive it is. I am like really its like he super chill not doing anything. I it kinda bothered me its like he haa no goals. what is he waiting for

• he was my crush befor
      I meamt to say he is 26 years old.