How can you make a fuckboy want to be in a relationship?

I'm kinda talking to a guy I like but he's a douche bag. He's known for just hooking up but for some weird reason I like him a lot. We talk and hangout but always only makeout and I want that to change. How can that happen? How can I make him wanna be in a relationship? I'm willing to put in time cause I kinda like him already.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ah the bad boy liking syndrome. Happens to most humans that love the forbidden fruit. I am one ask me lol.

Most important part of a relationship is DON'T try to change your partner. Accept them as they are. A relationship is about 2 people loving and liking each other as they are. They aren't objects to be acquired and molded according to our prerequisites :)

You can put in all the time you want, but if something isn't what nature has granted him, you'll wind up cursing him and yourself :)

• If you're a bad boy. What makes you wanna be in a relationship with a girl?

• There's a history to everything young lady. None match the other. I am not one by choice :) My 'bad boy' syndrome isn't about womanizing though yes I have had multiple women in 44 years of life. Yes I am polyamorous or so I think I am lol. I am plainly outspoken, knowledgeable, aggressive with my approach to certain aspects, confident, know to hold my ground etc Yet I am chivalrous, sensitive, caring etc. Those that know me as in met me get attracted to this toxic mixture :)

Those that talk about love seldom even know what love means. For them love is about their own fixations and expectations. They adhere to what is popularly known as caring and swing by those ropes and even make their partner's life miserable - lengthy topic :)

Every situation differs young lady. Like I said don't try to change someone, doesn't work for both :)

• Thank you for the MHO GAG :) much appreciated :) <3

Most Helpful Girl

• You really can't, my first boyfriend did a lot of casual relationships and I really wanted to change him, I saw him weekly for about 5 months and grew feelings naturally I just wanted him to be my boyfriend and I told him we were in a relationship and he went with it LOL I guess the feelings were mutual, however he cheated on me the last year of our relationship.

What Guys Said 28

• You can't make anyone change except for yourself.

Don't waste time on someone who won't or can't reciprocate. Better by far to find someone else who does not need convincing in order to be willing to be in a relationship with you.

A good match is priceless.
    One half of a good match is no match at all.

• You can't.

With some they just dont want to settle down no matter how great the girl is. They are in a phase where they just want to sleep with as many girls as possible and aren't open to relationships until they are out of that phase. So in this case you would have to be lucky enough to have met him during his looking for a relationship phase.

There are some guys who are just hooking up until they meet a girl worth settling down with and will stop fucking around if they meet that girl. However once again you dont really have any control over this. Either he sees you as the type of girl he wants to settle down with or he doesn't. You can't "make" him want something he doesn't want.

• Its a fantasy that girls have to try and change the badboy. They think he will change for them and they like the challenge. It is unlikely to happen and you will waste your time. He isn't going to change for you.

• Ah, to be young and stupid.

• This sounds like the premise for an disaster.

• He needs to know your "rules" and what he gets out of playing house, that's all.
    Such a guy you describe wants a free ride on your career
    all the sex you can give at snap of fingers
    freedom to screw gals on the outside when you're too busy or working to pay bills
    no hassle/contact with family/friends who may take your side
    nothing but praise from you and worship of his little head
    no long term commitments formally, just oral agreements

• YOU CAN'T CHANGE A MAN. HE WON'T CHANGE FOR YOU. STOP. YOU'RE WASTING YOUR OWN TIME AND HIS. YOU CAN'T MAKE HIM WANT YOU.

• you can not change him, he has to want to change but at this time i dont think he will because he is having to much fun being a douche bag. sleeping with him will not change what he is

• First, stop referring to him as a 'fuckboy' and a 'douchebag'.

• Okay I reword it. How can you make a guy who's only looking for hookups to wanna be in a relationship with you? He's never been in a traltionship before..

• You might have to wait until he's in his 30s. He may have several STDs by then though.

• You can't. Only those "fuckboys" can want to be in a relationship. From my personal knowledge, they don't (want to be in one).

• You can't. You chose a fuckboy and are attracted to him BECAUSE he's a douche.

If you change him such that he's not a douche anymore, you won't like him. But you can't anyway, because it's not in his nature. He knows your nature.

• Don't do it. Let him enjoy his life and you go find someone better

• Good luck with that ma'am

• Don't waste your time. Find someone who values you not your vagina

• You don't. Move on, and stop wasting your time.

• Ask him for hookup with other girls. If he agrees then he can't be changed if he loves to hook up with you then he is in love with you..
    His mentality can be changed by love and caring , only if you will do it well.

• Why would you put yourself through the obvious pain that's coming if you know he's a douche bag? My advice.. find someone worth spending your time on.

• You can't.

• It's confirmed boys. Nice guys finish last.

• You can't until he wises up.

• yuou're setting yourself up.

• Have you tried asking him if would be interesting in dating?

• "for some weird reason I like him a lot"

Not weird at all. It's normal for women to be attracted to guys like that.

• If he's "known" for that.. It might not be a worthwhile investment.

• ... and that's why the nice guys always finish last.

• You can kill all the other women on the planet.

Otherwise, he'd rather sleep with lots of women, then one woman.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 17

• You can't. You can't force a person to change. They have to want to change and be willing to put the work in themselves.

• Don't bother. He will grow up when he's ready to and not a moment before. You can't change a person and trying to will only get you hurt.

• Take it from me. I had the same mindset when I was seeing this guy, last October. He was an identical type of person, and when he went on his tour for work, he cheated because he could.

These guys are too unwilling to change. You are better off finding a man who cares for you and will treat you well.

• I've put myself in a situation like this before. You can't change a fuckboy. I wouldn't waste your time trying to.

• NO you can't!

• You will never make anyone change. They can only change for themselves. You're wasting your time. Don't get sucked in. Move along. If you want to have fun then go for it. Just don't get emotionally invested in it.

• I think this is going to be a train wreck just waiting to happen...

• You can't make someone ready for something they're not just because you are.

• Talk to him about what your feeling and If he wants he same.

• You can't. Trying to do that will only leave to heartache.

• Why would you want to be with a fb in a relationship? He's a fb...

• Don't ever force anyone to be in a relationship with you especially not a fuck boy. If a guy wants to be with you then he will. You can ask him about a relationship but don't force it

• Simple, you can't! I'm speaking from experience!

• 1. You won't change him. If he's not ready then he's not ready.
    2. Don't have sex with him. Stop making out with him, don't call him, dont text him. Let him chase you. People always want what they can't have.
    3. Read the book "why men love bitches". It's a great book about being your own woman and not worrying about what guys think and how this actually makes you more attractive to him
    4. Forget him and find someone else and I bet he'll suddenly want you back.

• You are reinforcing the misconception that women only date a$$holes. Great.

• Its a waist of time honestly...

• you will need a witch to cast a spell on him... You can not really change a person if they dont want to change