Do I have to give things I like to get a gf?

My last girlfriend basically made me give up things I liked for her. I couldn't play my video games without getting called stupid. If she texted while I was playing she'd get mad if I didn't reply with in a minute. I had to pvr my shows to watch when she went to bed cause she wanted to watch her shows. Even if I asked if I could watch mine she'd always say no. She didn't want sex which was fine but was super judgmental if were to even say the word. Do I have to give up things I like to get a gf? I want a girlfriend but I want to be able to do things I enjoy.

Most Helpful Guy

• A real woman is not like that. Your last girlfriend was a control freak, insecure and very rude and mean. Remember you don't deserve to be treated like this. Relationships are about compromise not one person or the other bossing the other person around. Remember while you can compromise a woman does not own you. She was selfish and wanted everything her own way.

For example: Calling you stupid for playing video cames is uncalled for and is just her being rude and mean.

For example: Telling you you are never aloud to play video games is her not being reasonable. If she was reasonable she would ask you to cut down the video games but would give you some time to play them also.

For example: Only watching what she wants on TV and never ever giving up the TV so you can watch something you want is selfish of her end of story.

What Girls Said 3

• You need to look for someone who can be a partner and gives up as much for you as you do for them. Now that you've been with someone who does things you don't like, it should be easier to not be in that situation in the future.

• never had sex with her? sounds more like a bossy female "friend".

• Then TELL HER we dont always notice that stuff lol just tell her what you want if she needs to tone it down and go from there.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes?

Is this news to you?

Women are like vampires. They suck you dry for as long as you're useful and then take all your belongings.

Just ask Greg Giraldo!