Is this sketchy? Please help?

I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 24. Yesterday was his birthday and after I got off work at 9PM we were suppose to see eachother because he was going to stay with his bestfriend who lives a few streets down. I called him at 7 on my break. No answer. I called him at 9 and 9:30 and still no answer, he wasn't at his friends house when I went there to drop off his gift, called his two closest friends and he wasn't with them. I didn't hear from him until 7:30 this morning when he said he had "lost his phone" but he currently doesn't have a car and lives thirty minutes away. So how did he leave his friends house? Am I overthinking this or?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds sketchy as hell

Most Helpful Girl

• that is very sketchy...
    what did the friend say as to why he wasn't there?

Even if he did loose his phone, you had plans and he just vanished. He was supposed to be at a friends house and he wasn't. So where DID he spend his birthday? He's got some explaining to do

• His friend was gone too, he was at his girlfriends house

• I will be tonight when I go over there.

• Either way it seems someone is lying. I'm going to ask him what time he "called his friend" and if it's anytime before I called him in going to call bullshit on one of them.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes. How long have you been bf/gf?
    Was the friends you called the best friend that he was supposed to stay with? He can always call you without his phone.

• That's so sketchy he may as well sell it as art.

What Girls Said 8

• Yes. very sketchy. all of a sudden he found his phone at 7:30am? plus, he can always call you from someone else's phone. in 2016 there are plenty of ways he could have gotten in touch with you

• Isn't "how did he leave his friend house?" a question for him, not us?

• No you're not overthinking
    and YES this is sketchy. Its 2016, people don't just lose their phones. Worst thing about this is it happened between 7pm and 7am... Sounds like he's hiding something

• My ex husband did the same thing, turns out he was sleeping with some druggie low life

• Think about it.. he lost his phone and all of a sudden he found it at 7:30 in the morning. It was his birthday. Sketchy!!!

• Yeah that's sketchy as fuck

• Remember the more he talks the more he says what he truly feels and what happend just ask him how did it happen and don't over think it if he did do something and lied its his lost don't ever show him insecurity!

• No you are not overthinking, this sounds sketchy. Is his birthday but he dont have any time to spend with you? And he dissapears all day and *lost * the phone? I am sorry this doesn't sound good