Single at 22, (male), never had a girlfriend... or even a "date"?

Thanks for the replies... Having a physical disability, (Cerebral Palsy), although I live an active and independent life, (currently in final year of an undergraduate college degree), with a regular social life, I now fear dating is the one aspect impacted by the disability, I believe hesitation/uncertainty as how to approach the situation, an understandable concern of girls/ladies potentially "interested" in dating...

Most Helpful Girl

• Me too :) Don't worry, I promise you're not the only one in this situation :)

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• so? its not weird and no one cares. some may find the inexperience cute. guys even lie and say theyre virgins of sex/dating etc to get more girls to fuck

• Only you can change that

• The "update" I have now posted above, hopefully creates greater clarity of the situation...

• Thanks for the reply... Yes I intend to continue searching and I agree totally with the statement you made "if someone won't be with you because of that, (the disability), then they're someone you don't want to be with"... However even in situations where girls/women have approached me initially, with apparent "interest", subsequently all instances have been characterized by "gentle rejection"... hence my "question"/"fear" as to a potentially dismal future on the dating scene... arising from the implications of having a disability and the "awkwardness" created for a potential "partner" ... I'll continue searching and be hopeful, that one girl/lady at least has the "ability to see past the disability"...

• You're very welcome. Sorry it's not simpler. But yeah, I mean I don't think there is one person in the world that TRULY doesn't have some sort of fear of being rejected. But you also have to think that if we didn't have that fear and nervousness would dating really be all that fun? I think it adds to the excitement you know?

Just a little of my thoughts to increase your thinking :p

What Guys Said 7

• still young

• Never late to start, right? You can't change the past, but the future is up to you.

• I was still a virgin and had never had a girlfriend at 22 years old. But i have now been with the same woman for 14 years. So it can happen any moment. My advice dress as smartly as possible really nice, be confident look women straight in the eye when you talk to them, stand tall and be confident. Hope it helps.

• Thanks for your reply, however "Age 35" is listed on your "profile" and you stated above, "... i have now been with the same woman for 14 years. " 35-14= 21, above you state, "never had a girlfriend at 22 years old."...

• The ones that have the most dates
    divorce themselves from personal thoughts, inhibitions, medical issues and devote their full, undivided attention on their dates

Bless you for your medical pains & journey
    but leave all this at home if possible when the goal is dating others

• It doesn't matter, if you are doing good in at least one field, all is good.

• What's your question?

• So long as you are open and honest about it, both in person and if you go on dating sites, that's all you need to do. I've known people who had CP and were on dating sites. I have also seen ladies who had profiles making it very clear they used a wheelchair or a walker due to a disability.

If someone is interested in you, they will accept you, disability and all.

• Common. No one cares.