Overreacting after first date?

So I went on a date with a guy on Sunday & we had a great time, we talked easily and at the end he gave me a hug and we kissed. A few hours after that he texted me saying he had a really fun time & I agreed and then he asked if I was still interested that he would love to see me again sometime soon. I said yes and he said he would let me know when he was free next and I could let him know and we could set a date. We talked a little after that but I let the conversation die naturally. I'm just worried because on our date he did mention that he had a date with another girl a few days before me but they didn't click but she wanted to hang out with him again. Plus he took me to a park and he joked saying he takes all his dates there... I know it's normal that he's seeing other people but I can't help but wonder if he really wanted to see me wouldn't he have had a day in mind and not leave it up in the air? I just really like him but I know he clearly has other girls as options & I just can't stop thinking about that. I don't know what to do, I'm just waiting for him to let me know when he's free but if he doesn't say anything by like Friday i'll text him and let him know when i'm free?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes you're over reacting. I'm not exactly sure what's bothering you... the fact that he's dating other girls? As long as he's still dating you then don't worry about it right now. After a few dates with him if he starts to like you more he stop seeing the other girls (or pick who he likes best).

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds promising so far. Try not to let the other girl (s) get in your head. Yes, If you don't hear, give him a call just to say hi, touch base, see how his weeks been- that kind of stuff and then just tell him you'd love to get together this weekend and throw out a day or time see what he says. I'd actually call him tomorrow to open up Friday night as a possibility. He'll appreciate knowing you're still interested and if he's free he'll make a date. But don't even think about other girls, he already told you it didn't click there. Good luck! ❤️

What Guys Said 2

• You are overthinking this. He is being cool and honest and open about it, and you're overanalyzing everything. Yes, he's been on dates before! Yes, he might date other girls until such time as you become exclusive.

• to me he is being a player and also playing hard to get so you chase him. if he isn't willing you put out the effort to be with you and only you then i would move on and find someone that can do that

What Girls Said 2

• You are obsessing over nothing. He told you he had fun, and that he wants to see you again. He kept communication going after the date. I think this is a best case scenario... It doesn't matter that he is seeing other people. It is healthy, and if you guys hit it off, he would stop seeing them.

I wouldn't text him, but wait for him to let you know when he would like to see you again. This is what he suggested anyway, and you agreed to. If he never texts you again, I would just put it down to him losing interest, and that's fine too... Just move on. Have a feeling he will be arranging a second date though... Just hang in there.

• It's possible he was lying about going on dates with other girls, yes it is possible that he is, however he could have just said that to make it seem like other girls are interested, thus making you more interested in him. If you are that worried about it, you should message him and casually suggest a day that would work for you, he might be waiting to see if you are truly interested rather than risk getting rejected if he asks you out