Is it inevitable for a women to develop feelings for a man she's in a casual relationship with?

I used to be totally against casual relationships, but more recently my opinion on them has changed. I met a man that I am attracted to sexually, we tried dating and it was apparent it wouldn't work out long term since we want different things. However I have enjoyed the time we've spent together thus far and I'm considering continuing this arrangement.

What are your Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not inevitable but it does seem like women develop feelings for their casual partners more often than men do. In the almost 2 years I've bee here I dont think I've ever seen a guy post a question asking how to get his friends with benefits to want to commit to him. I have however seen probably 100 of those questions posted by women.

It also seems like men develop feelings for their platonic female friends more often than women do.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that in order to be in a casual relationship you genuinely have to like the person and have some sort of feelings for them otherwise you wouldn't be sleeping with them at least to me, my last casual like relationship "fwb" we did go out, go the bar, games etc and still had sex, the only reason we didn't date is because of other things that I didn't want to be apart of in his life, he was also 14 years older than me and we were in different paths in life however really enjoyed each others company.

What Guys Said 4

• If you're happy with the way things are then don't stop

• I'm worried I'm the one that will catch feelings.

• This is why these relationships are never advised

• Sure, why not continue. friends with benefits takes constant communication and honesty from both people to work though. As long as you discuss anything that comes up (ie. if you get feelings for him) then you should be fine.

• Thanks. I'm worried I'll end up being the one that catches feelings. I know it could potentially ruin everything.

• No it isn't.

• Or you could be like other girls in here and start blocking guys that message you, and they were as polite and well mannered as could be? Just asking them how their day is? Lighten up... don't take yourself so seriously, you're no better than I. Strange behavior that's increasing from women, its not even funny!

• I don't understand..

• Well there is someone that posted on this question that's blocked me

What Girls Said 4

• I think people can develop feelings for people that they have a sexual relationship with. I don't think that either gender is inherently more susceptible to this as we all have emotions.

• It depends on the woman. Some are capable of separating feelings and sex, others can't and are bound to catch feelings.

• Absolutely not.

• Yeah it happened to me, but clearly he was in a we different lifestyle and mindset