Seriously wtf is going on?

So this girl and I have been talking for a couple of months now and things have been perfect. We talked almost everyday, flirted and had absolutely everything in common, to the point where we were both amazed by it. Everything WAS perfect until... She started giving me the "hot and cold treatment". It didn't make sense to me considering we'd talk about dating and even marriage every now and then.
She tells me she's confused and at some points says she lost feelings which I guess happens. But get this, she tells me that she does in fact have feelings for me after all of this and then goes back to being confused. I don't want to turn into her best friend by giving her attention. She literally tries talking to me and continues to flirt with me everyday so how do I avoid her without offending her or ruining my chances?
I want the best for us but I don't know how to end the confusion, I even told her to stop with all the sweet talking and flirting if she doesn't feel anything for me and that failed too... I feel like I should back off and give her space and trust me I've tried. She just won't let go of me even for a little while to get her head straight.

What Girls Said 2

• I think she's just leading you on, to be honest. She loves the attention but doesn't want anything more it seems.

• It's called blocking

What Guys Said 1

• End the confusion by asking her out or confessing to her. Then she has to make a clear choice and she knows your feelings.