Is this a bad sign?

So I think I love my boyfriend like a mad woman. My friends think that and I can't help but agree myself. But in a good way. And I know my boyfriend likes that I'm this way. He really appreciates me and loves me back about as much.
However, I can't get over the fact that he wants me to grow my hair long, start pouting more, get thick yet not wear any make up cuz he hates make up.
And ironically, I've always been in love with short hair- he's only seen me with long hair when we first started dating and I am naturally very skinny.
He didn't say all of this together. Rather it was in a series of months.
This hurts cuz he makes me feel insufficient. And I've always loved him even when he went through his ugly phase- he was fat*no offense to anyone* , nerdy, wouldn't talk much when we first started dating and I waited for 6 months for him to start opening up to me!
I can't help but feel insufficient every time I think about him now. I know that he'll tell me I'm perfect if I ask him cuz he doesn't want to sound ruthlessly rude. It bothers me so much. What should I do?

What Guys Said 1

• in a lot of ways i think you are taking what he said in the wrong way and possibly he misspoke. everyone changes as you get older. and as you change he will still love you.
    if he meant what he said tell him to wait another 20 + years and you will fit that image a little bit.

• This is not really about him. Because he will never let me go regardless.
      I find it difficult to be with him now cuz of what he's said. I don't know how to cope with it.

• being self conscious is always hard to deal with. you just said the biggest thing that matter the most " he will never let me go regardless" that show how much he loves you and wants to be with you.

What Girls Said 1

• You should do whatever you feel comfortable. If you don't want to change anything about you, then don't. It's stupid to change yourself because some guy doesn't feel like you're enough.