Why do you refuse to date someone of a different race?

Most Helpful Guy

• White - Not a fan of blue eyes, pale skin, pointy noses or small lips.

Asian- Not a fan of pale skin, tiny eyes or 10 year old bodies

Latina- I'll date a Latina with tannish skin. Especially an afro-latina.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not about the race for me, it's more about the culture. I have found men from other races good looking plenty of times..
    But I noticed that on average a man from my culture is more bound to be compatible with me mentally speaking. We would have more in common and most probably common dreams/ goals in life.
    Middle Eastern men are usually very family oriented, they still want to get married, have a family they're not Bisexual... In short they're more traditional than non Arab guys I know (at least here in France, I'm not saying it's exclusive to Arab guys, just more common).
    But even more than culture, it's the mindset. For example right now I really like this guy who's not from my race, he's Italian/Hispanic (but he does look very Middle Eastern lol) but his mindset is very similar to mine, he wants to get married, have kids, be in a monogamous relationship, he's quite traditional... and we don't share the same religion nor race, but I would still date him.

What Guys Said 32

• I would never. That is, I would never refuse to date someone on the grounds of race.
    I have physical preferences. I am more attracted to other white people (as I am white, myself) but I'm by no means excluding other races from my list of people I'd potentially date. I can't help what I find more or less attractive, but the most important factor to me will always be who they are as a person.

• If they're not attracted to Asian guys, they're not attracted to Asian guys.

What, are they obligated to find me attractive? No. It would be a different story if they treated me like a sub-human being for being Asian, but that's not the case, they just aren't attracted to me.

That's life. Shit happens.

• Very simple, my body is extremely rasist.

I am never physically attracted to someone from a different race as subcontiously or physically (I dont even know how attraction works exactly) i must see that as a sign of incompatibility.

As friends and in general i can get along with people from all races and i don't see them as inferior or anything of the sort. Its just romantically i can never get into it.

• Just not my cup of tea... Different culture, views on things, etc that just contrasts us too much.

Also no physical attraction. Basing relationships strictly on physical attraction is being shallow but for a healthy relationship there has to be some of it.

• 1. I'm white and I find cute white girls way more attractive than girls of other races.
    2. Group loyalty. We whites are a shrinking minority.
    3. If I ever knock a girl up, I want the kid to look like me. Or at least have somewhat similar features from being the same race.
    4. At the end of the day, we're all we have.

• I don't refuse to date someone of a different race, but white girls are hotter and I tend to click more with them, since our culture is the same.

• I find girls my own race more attractive and never hated on girls for having racial preferences themselves.

• but i don't. if im attracted to them then thats all that matters to me.

• I refuse to date someone if I don't find them attractive.

That tends to be more common if they are of a different race though. Don't ask me why, I don't know.

• Two reasons.

1. I am already in a strictly monogamous relationship.

2. I don't do animals.

• I don't care, I'll date any attractive woman I want to. Some people have preferences, are just are not attracted to certain races. For some people, particularly women, it can be concerning how their children will look. People just need tougher skin, not everyone is going to want you as a partner for a variety of reasons. Life isn't fair, it never was, and it never will be.

• It's just that I'm not attracted to that physically it's not really a conscious thing. It's human nature and as much as some villainous that we all answer to it.

• I have a few reasons:

1. I don't like facing cultural differences.

2. It's better to stick with my own race due to the current racial divisions in the western world.

3. I simply don't find girls outside my race attractive...

• I don't. I have dated every race.

• I don't, I'll date any light skinned woman so long as she is between 5 ft 9 and 5 ft 11, has big boobs and a big butt.

• I don't refuse. If a black, Latina or any other ethnic woman wants to date me, then I'm okay with that. We are a human race first.

• I don't, I am open to any race if I like the individual.

• I don't.

• I do, I have, I'm white, and I dated an Asian at some point, and I have no qualms about dating people of a different race

• I don't, but I find pale skin attractive, so I usually date white women.

• Theoretically I am open to any race, but because of my cultural and aesthetic preference, I generally exclusively date White girls (myself is Asian).

• I don't.

• only for reasons, that are not related to race.

• I don't.

• I refuse to date someone of any race. I don't discriminate lol.

• I like my race that's all

• I find deeply tanned or dark skin to be a boner killer. Not going to date anyone I find physically unattractive.

• nope.

• yes. Asian and Black girls. I simply don't find them attractive, they're auto friend zone for me.

• We, as humans, are NOT attracted to every race.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 11

• I wouldn't give AF if he was Bernie Mac black/precious purple, so pale you could lose him in a snow storm or anything in between. I don't date skin colors. All that unconscious racism hasn't been programed into my mind and I'm truly thankful of that. I don't knock shit til I try it*hunches shoulder's* but that's coming from a Nikka #ThugLife 😂😂

• i dont.

• No. I have yet to date within my race. I've only dated white guys so far.

• I don't.

• I'm too light to date other races. I want my kids to look and be black. That's it. Unless he's, Middle Eastern or Puerto Rican. I also only find black men and the two I mentioned above, the most attractive.

• Now that really *is* racist.

• @Intraluminal How is it racist that I want my kids to be the same race, I am? It's okay for people to say they want mixed kids though, right?

• Both wanting and not wanting *racial* kids is racist. In your case, what you said, maybe not what you meant but what you said, was that the only important factor was skin color. If that's not the definition of racism then I don't know what is.

• I don't.

• I dont mind. feelings, that matters for me the most.

• The words that comes out of his mouth matters more than what he looks like on the outside.

• I know race and culture are different. I don't refuse to date someone of a different race, but I know why people refuse to date different cultures. It's difficult. I'm south Asian, and my parents are extremely traditional. I've tried dating several white guys, but they can only take so much. The south Asian community I live in rejects every guy that's not south Asian. It's hard to be with someone that's not part of your culture or your race in a situation like that. People part of your culture can understand more easily. it's hard to date different races

• I'm biracial. Black & white. I like white guys. They're more my type physically & personality wise

• I dont refuse i just tend to prefer those of my own race...