How to approach him?

So there's this guy in my English class, and I've liked him aaall through high school, but we never really got friends. My best friend is friends with him and sometimes we end up together and we all talk and it's really fun. He just broke up with his two years younger girlfriend a few weeks ago, they were together for 3 or 4 months or something, and he broke up with her apparently because she was too young for him (at least that's what my bestie told me). Whenever we talk he really seems interested in everything I say... but we don't talk that much because we're both shy, and he doesn't even talk that much to girls. He's usually with his friends, like all the time, and he's the most quiet of the group. I'd really like to approach him but I just don't know what to say and I don't know if he's gonna think I'm weird or something because we're not even friends... I don't have a lot of confidence (as you can probably tell) but I really like him and I don't want to wait for him getting his next girlfriend, because he and his ex actually met at my besties house party (I wasn't there because I was sick) and they hooked up and got together that way. And at that time I thought "omg, this probably wouldn't have happended if I finally had talked to him" so I want to talk to him now before he gets his next girlfriend. But I don't know how to approach him... this is just a vicious circle so I'm gonna stop now. Any ideas what to say to him? Thaanks :3 (btw we're juniors)

Most Helpful Guy

• juniors as in uk system or?
    anyway just say hi to him and talk, you're not going to lose anything; you miss all the chances you don't take

• us system and yeah you're probably right but what if he just says hey and then what should I say? I have nooo idea what to talk about with him...

• are you serious -.- Is that what you would do?

• well yeah what else would you talk about than shit you know

Most Helpful Girl

• First try to be friends with him.. find a good reason to start with.. then find out his likes slowly.. do some research on them.. talk more about it.. n become like super close.. Then one fine day when everything is alr8.. either u ask him out.. or by that time he ll ask u out..

What Guys Said 1

• If you can't wait then make the move. Dont be shy.

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't date until I'm in my 20's. I know from experience. You'll get your heart broken.

• And after that age it won't happen anymore? Just because something pulled you down doesn't mean you can't get up anymore. And if a guy breaks my heart, then it was probably meant to be that way, wasn't it? Something like that is not gonna stop me. But that's probably just my character. Anyway... I like him waaay too much to give up now.