Girls, Do guys hate feminists? Help me please?

So I'm madly in love with a guy in my school, he's soo handsome. I really couldn't just keep silent I had to say to him. He's 27 years old and I'm 23. He's pretty popular in my school. After his graduation he came previous school often to visit his old friends. I came to him, my heart was pounding like crazy and asked him he would go out with me while he was talking to his couple of friends. His question was: "Are you a feminist?". I didn't understand why he would ask such offtopic question but I answered Yes. He then said "No thanks" and turned his head off and talked with his friends further. I felt like my heart and stomach was aching and I just stood still there while he and his friends went away. I was soo sad and crying not only because I couldn't see him because he graduated and would move to Kansas, but also because he just turned his head away because I'm a feminist.

It's really frustrating, I was crying whole day long in my room I couldn't even communicate with my parents for like a week. However, one day my neighborfriend told me he left a fb message that the reason why he disliks feminists is because according to him, feminists are spoiled brats brainwashed by evil society just like capitalists, communists, bolchevists.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys don't, douchebags do. I know it's hard for you to hear and it really hurts, but if he rejects you for being a feminist then he is Wrong.

From his explanation it doesn't sound like he knows much about politics tbh. That doesn't make him a bad person necessarily.

But treating you that way? That cold rejection with no further explanation? Douchebag alert.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ok but actually he has a point, I think feminism is just a plot to sooth arrogant female's ego just because the nature made men above women. I'm more of a realist than feminist. Feminism is pure contradiction towards reality. Feminism say "women are strong", while reality shows women are weak. Feminism says "women are independant", while reality shows women are created and protected and maintained by men for generations by generations, etc etc etc. I think feminists are women who are just ungrateful for being women and want to be men.

Actually, I shouldn't have said I'm a feminist, I should have said I'm realist

• Show All
    • But if women say they can be strong, then they are competing against men, which means end of women because men is above women.

You know what, let's quit this discussion I think I'm hurting your feminist feelings

• My feminist feelings are fine. I hope your troll feelings are okay too

What Girls Said 4

• I think guys are cool with the core meaning of feminism, which is equality. I don't think most guys think equality is wrong (but this is gag, maybe I'm wrong lmao).
    But I feel most guys hate what feminism has turned into which is this "anti-man, all men must die, women must be more powerful than men" attitude.
    The word feminist may scare guys, because they don't know what your meaning of feminism is.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most guys I've spoken to dislike feminists, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares what those stupid guys think, don't give two fucks about him. He probably wishes to see 'his' women bowing to him behind their veil. Guys who hate radical feminists, understandable. Guys who hate every feminists, not worth even the dust of my shoes. Eh, I don't think I can even use an anti-feminist guy for passtime, they make me want to puke.
    Sisters before misters! We will always be with you but those worthless guys will come and go. You decide

0|0
    0|0
  • Move on, he's an idiot and an asshole.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ok but actually he has a point, I think feminism is just a plot to sooth arrogant female's ego just because the nature made men above women. I'm more of a realist than feminist. Feminism is pure contradiction towards reality. Feminism say "women are strong", while reality shows women are weak. Feminism says "women are independant", while reality shows women are created and protected and maintained by men for generations by generations, etc etc etc. I think feminists are women who are just ungrateful for being women and want to be men.

Actually, I shouldn't have said I'm a feminist, I should have said I'm realist

• You don't understand the concept of feminism but okay, to each his own.