Why do you go on dates?

• to find a potential boyfriend/girlfriend
  • to hopefully hookup
  • for the free meals and activities

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really date... but those rare chances where it happens... I do it to try to get to know that woman better. The long term goal is girlfriend and eventaully perhaps wife... but the first date, I'm just trying to see if we have a lot in common, and if were attracted to each other. I'm not planning vows or anything even after 3 months or anything like that... but I'm dating to find someone for the long haul. It's starting out casual; not just to date for bragging rights or desperation... but it's not where I'm expecting to be boyfriend after the first or second date. But after 6 dates, if we're not becoming an item, then I don't see the point in continuing to date them if she's not interested in committing to at least giving the relationship a try. Not dating just to date... there's some planning and looking at a likely future and if it would possibly work. I don't just look at the "now" but I try to think about what that future with her might look like.

Most Helpful Girl

• I use to go on them for a reason, now it's just to get free food and get out of my house. *loud meowwww in the background* you hear that? Oh shhh gotta go my cat's are calling. Namaste☺😂

• lol, going on dates to get out of the house sounds like a good idea

• Yes plus I'm too much for other's to take in upon meeting them anyway... I'm just waiting for the waiter to ask me and my date what we want so I can say "YOU KNOW WHY I'M HERE!"😂😂 dating is pointless I don't get to enjoy the person or date cause I know ahead of time my weird ass won't last that long. People like the idea of me, but lack the maturity to handle the reality of me. So I don't waste my time getting close lol I'm just there for the fresh air and free food😜*MEOWWWWWWWW!" oh shhhhh my cat's are getting mad again, ughhhh.

• Haha thanks love!☺

What Guys Said 15

• fun.

• I don't actually go on dates.

• what type of job is it? and is she going on vacations every other week? I wish I could do that

• It is not a job it is volunteering so maybe I am being a little judgmental. I just feel like I am getting mixed messages from this woman. She was telling me her friend will be starting when she gets back and her and her friend will be studying the animals together which was something I have been doing with her. I just feel that I will get left out when her friend arrives, that she has been flirting with me and even started touching me and now that she is going to push me to the side is how I feel.

• I don't really do it much but when I do it's because I'm bored and feel like doing something... not usually expecting it to lead to a relationship. I don't think dating is a very effective way of finding a potential partner for me, I've only ever found that through being friends with someone first.

• Definitely to find a person that I will spend my life with. Not to just play around or anything.

• cool! do you go on dates often?

• I am definitely a gentleman to my core and so this way I get to show that off.

But at times I am too much of a gentleman that it backfires on me.

• I don't get what you mean. why can't you be a gentleman and date?

• To see if I want to continue dating her.

• To try to show her that I'm man enough and fun enough to be her boyfriend.

• but I am always looking for new friends. Most do not come up to the standard. Those that do become interesting sexually, which is another standard they have to meet, as do I for them. Eventually, there may be something lasting there BUT, as that is so hard to find, I go on dates hoping that my date will have a suck on my manhood if it is obvious that a lasting friendship is not likely.

• I date to hunt for a female companion, as in a girlfriend in the long term, and eventually a wife. ☺

• Well honestly I established my relationship BEFORE we started going on dates.

• you didn't go on a single date before being a thing?

• Well technically for example we went to the cinema to watch a movie together but it wasn't... a date. It wasn't decided on as a date, we both paid our own part. It was like, two friends watching a movie together. There was no fancy restaurant or sushi involved.

• never have, but it would definitely make me nervous beyond beliefe

• Because I'm not allowed to club women in public and drag them home by the hair anymore.

• i actually never go on dates, because i dont have the balls to ask someone to go out with me

• aww, ask an older relative, or a friend for advice

• well i don't have any friends xD and the only relative i see on a daily basis is my mom, and she hasn't gone on a date in at least 20 years. so yeah, it's pretty much hopeless for me.

• I have never dated.

• cause its waaay better than wanking your self off ;)

• To find your match

What Girls Said 10

• I've never gone on one, but I voted A.

• To get away from the children 😂

• I don't lol!

• To find a husband

• More like husband. I don't officially date if i don't think i could see myself married toto that person one day.

• how can you see yourself marrying someone without knowing them that well?

• I wouldn't officially date them until we have been on five dates though. I mean like if i like and feel safe around them i would go out with them on dates. Im mormon so we tend to move quite quickly twoards marriage. With five months most couples are engaged. And usually we get married before 25. There is a lot of pressure from the church to do so.

• you misunderstood the question. I didn't mean why you start a relationship. only talking about going on dates, which is why I the first option is there

• Vote D: I don't date

• All of the 3

• A or B, depending on what I'm looking for at the time/how much I like a guy

• I don't 😂😐

• For find a husband