How to ask a guy i'm seeing to be my boyfriend?

Im 19, and im dating a guy in my college, we've been dating for about 5-6 months, we go on dates and are exclusive but he hasn't really done anything to progress us to bf/gf, i called him that once and he corrected me, i questioned it, but all he said was he needed more time. its been a while since that conversation, and i feel like we've been a thing too long not to be bf/gf. How can i ask him to be more serious? "i want to be your girlfriend, have you thought any about us being bf/gf?" "i really like you, i want us to be more serious." haha i really dont know what to say i know he hasn't been fully on board yet, so i dont want to scare him but i want to make my desire clear at the same time. Is this something I should worry about mentioning? I really do like him, i just dont want to lose him over coming about it wrong. thoughts? advice?

What Guys Said 2

• Say "I really like you, but I need to know if we are going to be serious". You need to let him know that you are serious about being with him for the long haul and he needs to step up to the plate or go back to the dug-out.

• "Surrender your money and soul to me?" He will say yes.

What Girls Said 1

• I personally think he's not serious about you and I wouldn't say anything to him about it.