We're out of the "Honey moon phase," I'm kind of unhappy now?

My Girlfriend and I have been dating 9 months. Everything between us was great till about month 7. That's when we had our first real fight about something. Between month 7-8 there were arguments about once every 5-7 days that were basically follow up arguments regarding that. We seemingly have worked it out and everything is back to normal now.

Except, that up until that first fight, we were still in that honey moon phase. Where everything made you so happy about that person. You liked the way they said "and" and every morning you called them just to say good morning and then you'd call them 7 times a day when you could. But now, things aren't like that anymore. Understandibly. We both got to see sides of each other we never had before so that initial admiration and infatuation with each other is gone.

So what now? Things aren't tense or sexually awkward. But we only text a few times a day. We sometimes go to sleep wihtout saying goodnight. We aren't as lovie or romantic as we used to be and it makes me sad because I really loved that. So where can we go from here?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well life isn't a honeymoon try you guys to be more conversative and use discussions instead of "fighting " lovĂ© isn't all pancakes and apple pies it's about knowing and bearing your beloved faults

• Sorry, fighting was a bad term. Only the first time was a fight. After that they were discussions.

• Do you generally reach agreement in those discussions?

• Yes, we reached a few temporary solutions. But now we have reached a permanent one.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know... I feel like my boyfriend and I are just getting out of our honeymoon phase. It sucks

• Spend more time. Time will tell.

What Guys Said 1

• Continue on this for the rest of your life. After the honeymoon stage, it is just to people that can see each other every day without wanting to kill each other. Be happy! You are still WAY more involved with each other then most people are in the relationship they have.