Does he like me back or am I wasting my time?

probably over-analyzing the situation. I noticed whenever I talked, this guy stared at me, not in a mean way. There was a period of time where him and I kept looking at each other and smiling. I sat across from him at a table. He said he had long arms, and I said I did too. Then he reached across the table and put his hand on my shoulder, claiming that his arms were longer. I put my hand on his shoulder, and claimed that mine were longer. Was that flirting? Eleven days later, I texted him- Me: is this Jake? Him: Maybe who s asking? Me: Ashley 😂😂 Him: okkkkkkk and what do u want? Him (again): okkkkkkk and what do u want? Me: I guess wanted I to say hi? Him: Ok? Me: I m glad you're not some sort of creep.. Him: K Obviously, his texts were mean. I was super hurt. He then texted the friend who gave me his number, asking if she had given his number out. She said yes. He said it was fine, but to ask him first next time. He texted me again- Him: Sorry if i sounded like a jerk it s just i get super defensive when people i dont know text me cuz ik my friends have given my number to random people so its like who are you what do you want. Me: I should've asked you for your number instead of asking my friend for it. But you seemed really cool and I was nervous... so yeah. Then we texted for awhile. So, his friends say that the fact that he acted defensive when I first texted is a good sign because he's usually doesn't freak out about anything, only when I texted him. Whenever I see him, he looks a little nervous. He usually just looks at me for a few seconds, and doesn't say anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• Awwww, he just seems shy or feels embarrassed for being like that at first. You should talk to him and make him comfortable with you again, sounds like he does like you.

What Guys Said 1

• "I sat across from him at a table. He said he had long arms, and I said I did too. Then he reached across the table and put his hand on my shoulder, claiming that his arms were longer. I put my hand on his shoulder, and claimed that mine were longer. Was that flirting?"

Most likely, yes.

What Girls Said 1

• He probably likes you