His friend told me he's obsessed with me but he doesn't act like it?

This guy I've hooked up with in the past started texting me again a couple of months ago. He said a bunch of sweet stuff like he thought I was pretty and liked my personality and even made plans to hang out with me. the next day when we were supposed to hang out he didn't contact me at all so we never did. a day later he continued texting me though. recently he slacked off with the texting and would only reply once or twice to conversations he would start so I just figured he wasn't that interested anymore and forgot about him. then today I ran into one of his best friends and he told me that I should text the guy and that he was basically obsessed with me. I didn't text him but I snapchated him that night and after one response he didn't reply again. what is going on and if he's not interested why would his friend tell me to text him and tell me that he talks about me all the time?

What Guys Said 1

• Some people are terrible at responding to messages.

What Girls Said 1

• He's a lazy-ass and he doesn't care as much as he claims. Let it go.