Why won't he ask me to be his girlfriend?

I've had like 3 dates with this guy, and he is totally into me and I'm pretty sure he knows that I'm also into him. He even bought me flowers and a little doll on our 3rd date and I know thats kind of a big deal for a guy like him, but I just dont know why he won't ask me to be his girl friend? I really wanna start the conversation about this subject but I have no idea how to start it, because we just dont talk about serious stuff.
p. s: I really dont wanna be the one to tell how i feel about him because his ex did that and he kinda thought it was lame and desperate

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• His ex did that and he thought it was lameand desperate, yet I assume that's the reason she was his gf?
    And yeah, because flowers and a little doll is not lame and desperate these days...

Lol just saying that it all depends on each person, including the timimg for these things. Three dates doesn't seem much to me at all, but I wouldn't also be engaging in sex and stuff before being official.

So if you will be waiting for his confession and for him to bring up that topic, better practice your patience and stay cool.

What Guys Said 3

• don´t rush it. appreciate it for what it is now. you don´t need to put the "relationship" label on it. just ask him to not fuck any other girls, while you have your thing going.

being overly hasty making him your boyfriend, might deter him.

• Just move with time.. spend time with him.. make him feel that you really care.

• Don't know what to tell you. I've never asked a girl to be my girlfriend until after we've had sex and have been seeing each other exclusively, but that's just me.

What Girls Said 1

• Why don't you ask him?