Should your boyfriend think you're pretty?

So me and my boyfriend have been dating for almost five months already and he never calls me pretty. He won't even like my pictures on Facebook or comment on them, he's never even liked one, but I know he does like other girls pictures. When I get ready for him he won't even notice never has he said that I'm pretty and it kind of makes me feel insecure about my self, it makes me feel like he probably wants to be with another girl who is pretty or that he's probably embarrassed of me because we go to the same school and we don't even hang out? But should a boyfriend at least think his girlfriend is pretty?

Most Helpful Guy

• vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

I don't necessarily think he needs to think you're pretty. People are to caught up in the "western" ideals of what a relationship should be like. I think that is just naive. That being said, I would only assume he is with you anyway because he at least finds you attractive. But there is no guarantee. You could just ask him yourself.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course. Your boyfriend should find you attractive. If it bugs you that much, mention something to him. I can't see why he'd be with you if he didn't think you were pretty, in addition to liking your personality, though.

• Maybe her personality far outweighs her looks in his mind. Or maybe he (rightly or wrongly) thinks he can't do better than her. The point is, though, that some people, many people, just aren't good looking. They shouldn't be coddled.

• Well I kind of have talked to him about it but he says that he's not going to be with me if I'm pretty, he's with me cause of how I treat him 😶

• That is important, of course.

What Guys Said 9

• If you are in fact pretty, then he should think so. But, if you're not, then he shouldn't.

The fact is, not every girl is good looking. And, besides, girls are always saying that guys shouldn't be so 'shallow'!

• Of course your boyfriend should think you're pretty.

• Have you asked him if he thinks you're pretty? And if so what's his response? He might just be taking you for granted (thinks he doesn't need to say it). But yes of course your boyfriend should think you're pretty and attractive.

• I have and he was just like what kind of question is that? And he didn't answer me but he's mentioned before that he's not going to date me for my looks that's he's with me because of how I treat him

• Sounds like he needs some lessons on how to treat you.

• guy sounds like a total dick, to me.

• A boyfriend should always think his girlfriend is beautiful

• He probably just doesn't say so because he doesn't realize that you'd doubt him if you hang out with him and you're HIS GIRLFRIEND

• Not necessarily. Attractiveness is more than just a pretty face.

• well, it's better to be attracted to your partner physically

• Um, no. It is better to be attracted to your partner for their personality. Relationships aren't just about lust. Your partner is not just something nice to look at or play with.

• @krystallovesamber as in its better to be attracted to them pysically and mentally than just mentally

• well duh why else would he be with u

What Girls Said 14

• Uh, generally yes. If he's with you, he's probably attracted to you. So maybe you need to sit down with him and discuss how his lack of effort is bothering you and making you feel undesirable to him, and ask how the both of you can fix it.

Including yourself in finding a solution will help a lot with making sure he's not feeling attacked.

• He does think you are pretty. That's what first attracted you to him.

• It sounds like he's embarrassed to be with you. He should be proud of his girlfriend and show you off. But he isn't so dump him

• Talk to him about this :/ it's wrong he's making you feel so insecure

• If he didn't find you attractive he wouldn't stay with you, don't worry x

• Meh he think I am ugly! lol

• Yes I think so. If he is not making you feel loved or special or at least saying you are pretty you should let him go. At least ask him why he doesn't say nice things about you.

• You should break up with this guy he's using you for sex

• Bitch, you better dump his ass. He doesn't appreciate you at all.

Kick him to the fucking curb.

• Yes he should think you're attractive.

• You shouldn't date someone you don't find overall attractive. But, she is talking about looks specifically. Many people are just not good looking. But, I wouldn't say that they should be either lied to or shunned, LOL.

• Of course ! He should tell you you're beautiful at least once a day. That really sucks. Have you mentioned it to him?

• I know he has never called me beautiful not even once! And I kinda did ask him once but he didn't answer my question 😑

• If he keeps calling other females pretty or attractive or beautiful, yet he doesn't call you, dump him. Why would you tolerate that shit in the first place?

• Of course he should weather your outer beauty and or inner why else would he be with you. Ask him if he finds you attractive and why he's with you.

• That makes me question why did he go out with you for if he didn't think you were pretty?

• Because many guys care about more than looks, and they recognize the reality that a large proportion of the population just isn't good looking.

• That is a myth

• Which part?