How to deal with being an unattractive woman?

I'm 26 years old and apparently I am an unattractive woman. I have been called horrendus by men and get blocked just for showing them a picture of my face :(

I never get approached and am never asked out. Men feel it is okay to use me. When I put the brakes on the using, then they get violent or upset. I'm worried I'll never have the opportunity to get married or have a family (both of which I really do want).

I'm a nice person, very understanding, caring, I have a ton of good qualities. I have been told I'm attractive. But it seems to be only a select few who feel that way and they either live too far away or are already attached to someone.

I'm trying really hard to meet people but I end up having to put in all the effort. Which I don't think is fair.

The only one who seems to want to be with me is my abusive ex boyfriend. But I don't want to go back to him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Be an interesting and funny woman. Use ideas, words to express them, tell jokes. Every woman becomes attractive when a man gets interested.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am in a similar situation except no man wants any sort of relation with me they mock me upon sight. I have decided to give celibacy a try for some time (not like i really have a choice), if I like it then it will be permanent, maybe you should try it too.
    Keep your mind focused on other things like progressing in your career, learning a new skill, go for long walks in the morning etc. Just keep your mind off this and over time you might learn to be satisfied with being single (from what I am experiencing it gets easy with time). Stay strong your worth is based off more than just looks.

What Guys Said 5

• If your unattractiveness can be fixed, then fix it.

Otherwise, just lower your standards, or go for those men who are far away.

• The only person that needs to define you as 'attractive' is you

Until you do that, no one else will

• You are young, and if you have a normal sized body (you didn't say you were overweight), then I wouldn't buy into the idea that you are unattractive. In fact, do the opposite. Start thinking of yourself as hot. Confidence about your own looks, for some reason, makes you look good to us.

• I'm plus sized, but if the average American woman is a size 14, I'm not far off from that. I'm 26 and 5'6". I am active, yes I am bigger, but i've always been bigger. I'll never be petite, I have broad shoulders and big boobs.

• Real men only care about two things, do you give mind blowing head, and do you take it in the ass? Real beauty is only a light switch away.

• I thank Allah for not being ugly at night

What Girls Said 1

• Focus on personality.