My boyfriend is a horrible eater?

My boyfriend has asked me multiple times to help him lose weight. In my opinion he doesn't need to lose weight but if he wants to feel more confident about his body then that's fine. I've started making his meals because I'm a very healthy eater and he is the complete opposite. My meals sometimes are simple like veggie burgers, or steak with vegetables, or even meals that include peppers and avocado. They are tasty meals but he'll refuse to eat them and go to the gym. I've tried to motivate him so many times but nothing has worked. Help?

Most Helpful Guy

• Part of it needs to come from him. He can't place all of the responsibility on you and expect real change to happen.

That said, if you REALLY wanna motivate him, I know a way that might work. :P Now, I know everyone will likely say something similar, especially the guys, but you can use sex.

Okay, stay with me on this. I'm being serious. Refuse to have sex with him unless he eats what you make him every meal for a pre-determined length of time and then reward him with sex whenever he completes said amount of time doing well on his diet.

So say for three days he eats all healthy meals and works out a lot... you could "reward" your man's hard work. Alternatively, if he sits on his butt and orders an extra large pizza (of which you get like two pieces and he eats the rest) a couple times then he is simply not getting any. Your man will have to choose between food and vagina. lol.

Where as the female orgasm tends to release large quantities of the "cuddle hormone," the male orgasm tends to release large amounts of the pleasure hormone. This pleasure hormone can be habit forming and may in fact explain at least in part the "on/off" male libido.
    As such, sex can be a great motivator.

I understand this could be hard on you as well. But you obviously care about him very much, so you want this for him. Do it for him. (Also, maybe you can conveniently invest in a detachable shower head. Completely unrelated, of course! ;) )

Hope this helps!

Most Helpful Girl

• If you've tried everything then let him lie in the bed he made for himself. If he's not willing to do the work then you can't help him.

What Guys Said 10

• Advice to you is this: Support any decision he makes. Do what you're doing and make the meals, or whatever it is you like to do for him. Provide him with all the meal planners and calorie counters there are, myfitnesspal, is my fav. And above all use positive reinforcement! Never say 'no you can't have that' or Don't or should.

He can only make the choices for himself. So the best you can do is be a good force behind the good decisions.

• So what does he want you to do, pull out your magic wand and get rid of all his weight with magic?
    He doesn't want to eat your healthy food, and he doesn't wanna go to the gym either. How does he expect to lose weight?

Be tough with him, tell him that HE is the one who wants to lose weight, and that if he doesn't wanna try, then you won't try either.

• He wants to lose weight and he refuses to eat better and got he gym? So I think that he's helpless. However, suggest him to control his meals better, he can keep eating what he eats, but tell him to eat not more than 3 times a day and in smaller quantities, just the necessary not to stay hungry and tell him to work out somewhere else.

If he doesn't agree with it, then he's really helpess and he'll never lose weight. He wants a miracle and miracles don't happen.

• Sounds like you've done everything you can. At this point it's up to him to actually want to change.

• tell him if he wants to lose weight, quit being a bitch and commit, but if he doesn't actually want to do it, don't waste your time with it.

• Sure it's healthy, but is it delicious?

• When he eats something naughty punch him in the stomach and tell him he's fat until he pukes. Classical Conditioning.

• ? He refuses to go to the gym?

• Tell him if he out of shape long enough , he can get erectile dysfunction.

• Tell him go to the gym, but do not expect him to accept your menu since it is unreal to expect a guy to eat like your way. He needs meat!
    By the way, could you help me on my question?
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1940318-hi-how-do-i-look

What Girls Said 0