How would you feel if your boyfriend (or girlfriend)?

Invited the opposite sex over at night

I mean a non-family member

Most Helpful Guy

• it would depend of course. if he´s a friend and i knew him too, i wouldn´t have a problem. i actually sleep over at a girlfriends house sometimes, even though she has a boyfriend ^^ it´s not a problem. we could even sleep in the same bed and her friend wouldn´t have anything to worry about.

Most Helpful Girl

• If 1. I wasn't there, 2. wasn't informed ahead of time, or 3. she was sharing a bed with him
    Then it would be an issue. Most important things are that he tells me and that they don't share a bed (unless it was absolutely necessary but maybe not even then). Am I going to be a bit insecure? Yeah, of course because that's just how I am but overall I know I can trust my boyfriend and that he would tell me and try to do things to help me feel more comfortable with what might be an awkward situation.

What Guys Said 17

• for what? just to hang out? are they friends?

could you perhaps provide a bit more info on this scenario?

• I mean the guy would mysteriously be killed. So if she is OK with dead bodies in her apartment. Ya I'm just a little insecure I guess Hahaha 😂😂

• I would feel betrayed, regardless if something happened or not. This crosses a boundary for me.

• how would i feel if someone of the opposite sex where invited by my gf?
    i would feel weird, insecure, probably on the lookout (tense), but then again..
    Whats the occasion? and Who is this person again? Does he live nearby or far away? Hmmm, Where did i leave my large kitchen knife again?

• if i did it my wife would kick my ass. and if she did it i would probable walk out the other door. unless we both agreed ahead of time on that person staying over and for what reason. were they staying

• For a sleepover? That's weird, but whatever. There's no reason to assume they're boning.

• Nope no way

• I wouldn't be happy. Why exactly is she over there and not over here by me?

• I'm a guy and for me, it's ok if I would do it.

But putting myself into her shoes, no. It's not okay.
    So... No.

• I would probably not sleep well. I would also have no grounds to tell her no. I could ask her not to.

• I don't see anything wrong with it as long as theyre just friend

• jealous and angry of course but it could be possible that they are doing something else besides sex

• Her bro is cool. He's welcome.

• uncomfortable as hell.

• I wouldn't disturb them so I would leave the house for the night n leave them alone.

• I used to have an MSN acct and flirted with a girl from HS. Id have so sign on my aol 9.0 dial-up. She said she would come over hangout, then I never heard from her again. We always chatted around 2am. Many nights I sat there on my futon with a roll of bounty

• Cut off. Bye Bye.

What Girls Said 10

• It depends on:
    1) The time of night. Night time as in 7pm or 1am?
    2) The reason given for the night visit. Is it one that seems viable
    3) Is this a recurring thing?
    4) Were they dating/married before?
    5) Were they fuck buddies before?
    6) Is this a friend before you to began to date or a friend made after you to began to date?
    7) Have you met this person before? What was your impression of the interaction between that person and the person you are dating?
    8) Are you the jealous type?
    9) Has your partner cheated on you before and you should be worried about anyone be at their house at night?
    10) Does your partner hide his/her phone when you are around?
    11) How would your partner feel if you did the same thing as they did? (invite someone of the opposite sex over at night)

• Haha... no. Not unless it was somebody who I knew and trusted 100% which is few folks far and in between.

So, my answer is quite firmly: NO.

• Mmmm 😤 I wouldn't do it to him out of respect so I wouldn't want him to do it. Why would he invite a girl at night? Who is she? It would be way too shady.

• We live together so I'd be cool with it. We have friends of the opposite sex over quite a lot.

• Pretty concerned lol

• Pissed off

• red lights all around... thats bad

• No Bueno

• No problem. Are they friends? Coworkers? Have I met them? Are they over while I'm there or only when I'm not there?

I have no problem with it as long as it's open and honest.

• It is suspicious. I would have to assume that at least one of them has a certain motive for this late night get together.