I can't get over white men. Whyyy? 😓 ?

I'm a black 21 yr old woman and I'm currently into my black guy friend. He's sweet, kind, intelligent and business savvy. He looks out for me and checks up on me. He'd be a fun and wonderful husband I'm sure, but I just can't see myself with a black guy in the future. I dated one white guy and I was very much in love with him. I don't want him back but I feel stuck on white guys now. Is there anyone who understands? Why can't I just look past race?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's because white guys are at the top of the racial hierarchy. Girls of all races are highly attracted to them the most.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't understand why people are acting a certain way. I've seen other questions like this and majority of the opinions were positive. I think it's fine as long as you don't think of black men as dirty or inferior. It should be purely about appearance (because we obviously don't look anything like white people) since claiming that whites are different from blacks in a behavioral sense is racist. I also don't get personally offended by 'preferences' as long as they aren't for a non appearance reason.

What Guys Said 7

• It's just your preference, even if you didn't like white guys, still a preference no one can take away from you :)

• Well, everyone has their preferences... Preferring one race or another when in a relationship/dating doesn't mean you generally dislike other races. One doesn't have a bearing on the other.

• Hi
    Im half white ;)

Lol but seriously dont listen to the haters you like eho you like and there's nothing wrong with that

• Trolololololololol. These are the white guys thinking they're getting "revenge" for those questions that criticize white people.

• You have a thing for white guys. It's kinda like a fetish.

• It's just a preference nothing wrong 💁🏻

• just as long as you're not marrying him BECAUSE he's white

• Yeah that's Dumb. I don't marry based off of race. But white men just grab my attention in ways black men no longer do.

• like i said, as long as you're not doing it BECAUSE he's white

What Girls Said 5

• You have an idealised view on white men due to having a great experience with your ex.

Give the black guy a chance.

• You have some self-hatred issues that you need to address. You need to get rid of this idealised view you have of white guys and focus on the now. What exactly is wrong with this black guy, that you can't see yourself with him?

• You don't even know me so that was false. I have enough confidence in myself to have a preference, and having a preference is ok! I love myself and I love God for who He created me to be. And there's nothing wrong with him.

• How is not seeing yourself with any black guys in the future a preference?

• It can be something you like about them which makes you chained to them. Over ages each race is shaped by its society and culture. Think about it!! Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, Asians, South Asians, etc each have their own "core" characteristics. Of course, I should not making heavy generalization here but since your question is generally on "whites". Maybe you like the way they treat you.

• I'm that same way. I mean I'm attracted to both. But I lean more towards white guys.

• I'm exactly the same as you I'm white and I only date indian guys, I've tried liking white guys but I just can't as I'm not happy... My first boyfriend was indian and months after we broke up I tried talking to white guys but it didn't make me feel happy as I felt like I was trying to like something that I didn't, but my family know that I'll only be happy with an indian guy and they accept that :) so it's completely normal, as I know exactly what you mean.