Dating 'Red Flags'?

What (in your opinion) are some 'red flags' to be aware of when dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• Anyone who is devout in their religious beliefs (and that includes atheism) or devout in their political beliefs.
    Anyone who thinks animals are "just animals".
    Anyone who is Conservative.
    Anyone who doesn't have a sense of empathy.
    Alpha males.
    Objectivists or anyone who thinks Ayn Rand was right.

Basically, you want to identify if someone lacks empathy or doesn't use logic and science in their thought processes. Such people have worldviews which are based on assumptions propagated through tradition only. Such individuals are not good thinkers and would make shitty parents. Furthermore, such people often are inflexible and find it difficult to see things from other perspectives. They are usually stubborn. Any of this leads to misery for the relationship partner.

Most Helpful Girl

• Strong dislike towards the opposite gender. Like, if she/he says "I'm not saying I hate all women, but I hate women" then that is a red flag to me.

Excessive drinking. I don't know if there is an underlining problem. Moderation is ok. Smoking and doing drugs is also not for me.

Irresponsible and not dependable. If they start ghosting me, or flaking out on plans a lot then I don't want to waste my time any more. Lying and manipulation as well.

Aggression/bouts of anger that seem very hostile.

Wants sex too soon. Even if you explain you want to do it when you feel comfortable and he's being extra pushy about it, that's a no go.

What Guys Said 18

• If she says she is having trouble evicting some of her tenants because they had issues with her being in their place when they are not there... that's a red flag!

If she stands beside you and rolls her eyes before each time she speaks with you and then lands them on you and starts talking then that's a red flag.

If she talks about other bf's and how they piss her off so much that is a red flag.

If she wants to play a drinking game on your tab and has an anchor tattoo on her arm, that's a red flag!

• 1. Serial dating
    2. Cheated before (usually comes in a comBo with #1 red flag (emotional cheating becomes physical after)
    3. Casual sex or has 8+ partners etc.
    4. Divorced parents or they're born out of wedlock ( their norm is usually dysfunction/emptiness and does not know a good reference point to measure/guide them in dating/fam structure environment. So they stick arund when it's bad not knowing or they're the ones causing trouble
    5. Has a kid that's not my own (I'll never be her #1, and many many risks and seeing her kid hurts me and is a reminder of her past life.
    6. Bad to elders/parents and waitresses
    7. Feminist (deal breaker)
    8. Entitlement ( if you think you deserve free shit this break up is free)
    9. No common sense or sense of self awareness
    10. Too insecure (insecure people cheat, cause issues and it's a fight they have to win themselves.

• -Talking about other guys, exes
    -"Soo whatcha gonna buy for me?"

• she has a lot of male friends.
    she doesn't have close female friends.
    her friends are sluts.
    she's over the age of 23
    i can think of more but these are the huge ones

• 1. When she expects some sort of special treatment from me.
    2." We are just friends" with a guy.
    3. "We are just friends" with an ex (thats a HUGE RED FLAG).
    4. No respect for her parents.
    5. Talking about her ex all the time

If I can remember more I will comment under the opinion. This is my experience on red flags and the relationship went to a catastrophe.

• I'm actually pretty close friends with my ex bro... Not all people want to have sex with their exes lol eww

• @AprulZ and you're 16 years old. Just get out of my opinion.

• I ghosted on my date last Saturday because she kept on talking about other guys. Moreover she said she was going to meet up with one of her "platonic" friends to study on a Saturday until 3 AM.

But yea... talking about the opposite gender, excessive tattoos, excessive piercings, openly identifies as bi-sexual, personality disorders, mentions she has depression/anxiety, brings up sex first, too open too soon, "mention-itis"... the list goes on and on!

• 1. She says her ex boyfriend abused her
    2. She has a kid
    3. Criminal history
    4. drinking/drugs
    5. short hair (women are like cats--if you see a cat with fur missing, something is probably wrong)

• A collection of severed heads in the basement

I mean come on, You need to store the severed heads in the freezer

• If a girl is consistently on her phone texting, I will not date her or I will leave the date.

If I meet a girl, I will sometimes check her social media out. If she still have pics of her ex, she is not ready to date

• You do your story and she is texting like 'yeah... oh cool... I see...' Looking at that phone.
    When she is looking to other guys.
    When she's coming on too strong, verbally and physically.

• Since no one said it...

Inability to commit to a plan
    Inability to decide what she wants

• Coming across as too strong
    Overly sensitive
    Not giving me enough space.

• The person is aggressive, lies, isn't reliable, etc.

• personality disorder
    sluts

• too many to list...

• If she's anti-smoker and anti-drinker... chances to be anorgasmic are very very high... oh shit I hate health-freaks... they smell prudish...

• They talk about how they want to live in a huge house with a ferrari and a lot of expensive clothes. Basically just talking about shallow materialistic things.

What Girls Said 13

• Inconsistencies
    actions not matching words
    manipulation
    time of the day you are contacted
    types of conversations
    who contacts whom first
    Do they ask you question about you?
    Are they actually listening to you?
    condescending behaviour
    sexist behaviour
    racist behaviour
    behavious where someone projects. For example, someone can be cheating but accuses you of cheating
    How do you feel when you are with that person? Listen to yourself.
    Get advice from friends you trust, family members you trust.

Usually red flags are quite common ones you just have to be able to recognize in what package it is delivered in. Different package same red flag.

• - Too self absorbed.
    - Talks about their exes... A LOT.
    - Isn't interested in anything about you. (i. e., not asking questions about you, your interests, etc.)
    - Anger issues (aggressive behavior over small things.)
    - Flaky, always cancels plans.
    - YOU'RE the only one hitting him up. Meaning you're not hearing from him unless you text him first.
    - Drinking too much when we go out.
    - Always on their phone when we're out.

• - When they have commitment issues
    - Have sex of any kind and leaves
    - Doesn't call or text
    - Lies
    - Misstreat you
    - Play mind games (being manipulative)
    - etc.

• religious
    traditional/conservative
    acts like a swag fag
    wants kids
    says sexist/racist/homophobic shit
    clingy
    listens to dubstep

• sex being the only thing we bond over
    wanting to change me as a person
    if interracial, saying anything that seems fetishizing
    not wanting to meet family if it gets serious

• Outbursts of anger or yelling
    Smoker
    Liar
    History of being unfaithful

• What if I have outburts of anger while watching football, basketball games

• @ConsultantIsBack lmao like outbursts out of nowhere. If the littlest things make him scream I want noting to do with him hahaha

• guy hangs out with a girl a lot... initiates a lot of physical contact... guy hides things from you... lying.. most of all gets angry a lot

• If they talk to or about their exes (the only reason to be talking to an ex is if you have a kid with them) and a bad temper. Id be worried id be walking on egg shells to not piss them off. Or worse..

• Any form of abuse. Jealous behavior. A bad reputation. Lots of female friends. No job or car. No motivation to go anywhere in life. A bad family. A past of cheating. Extreme body count

• Is a liberal

• Someone who moves too fast is a huge red flag for me.

• When they always mentiom their ex.
    When they are always busy (doesn't have the tome for you)

• yelling and being controlling