Have you ever asked a family member for dating advice?

those who have, what was tge advice and did it help you?

• got advice from mother
  • got advice from father
  • got advice from sister
  • got advice from brother
  • got advice from cousin
  • got advice from aunt or uncle
  • got advice from grandparent

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I've asked for dating advice my mother, my sister and both of my grandparents but truth be told, my mom's advice helped me the most

What Guys Said 11

• Haha no. They don't know a thing about dating. No one in my family has ever dated. My parents were raised in India and had an arranged marriage. All my family members have been married through arranged. I grew up in America and I've tried to date by approaching dozens and dozens of girls but never got the chance. I have an option for arranged marriage but since I'm never doing that, I can only accept staying single.

• That's very sad.

• what i meant was Indian folks don't have a bad rep here in Toronto.

• fuck no... thats like willingly throwing yourself off a roof. why ask someone how to like someone when they all hate each other?
    when i want to destroy my relationship... i'll ask my family.

• lol not to mention they will hold it against you, this is something you only tell really close friends, cause you both help each other out with girls and its much safer, family is not going to help at all...

• lol well some date , some... fuck... in my case iam a great boyfriend material i just can't lie and use girls no matter what i do, even if though looks wise and personality wise it should be super easy to me. my parents are not bad at all but they have their own expectations and ideals that sometimes dont fit mine, so its better to fly low under the radar and do my thing without them knowing.

• @CoolSky01 looks like you are just skating... you are doing what you are supposed to do... me? i wanna push limits... i have girlS... but i Choose to stay with mine... and she knows that if she tries anything... i have hella girls willing to take me off her hands? not using any explicit terms.

• no i never did. make my own mistakes and learned from them

• Just from my sister

• urgh no and I keep it that way if possible lol

• ask my mom, and brother. It's nice to get an outside opinion. Ask friends too

• what did they give you advice on and did it help?

• just advice on whether or not I should continue pursuing a girl who was giving me mixed signals. They said tell her how you feel. So I told the girl I liked her, and wanted to do something about it. She said okay, and then texted me that night "I don't want any kind of relationship with you." Best day ever! Now I know how she feels about me! I wouldn't take it back for anything!

• To one of my sisters only, and in just a couple of occasions.

• No, I would never ask them for advice. Tbh, my parents had no business having children lol.

• not very supportive?

• @asker Just irresponsible and chalk full of problems and drama. I mean they were there and I know people have had worse childhoods, so I keep it in perspective. My mom was an impulsive, drama queen liar who can't manage money and debt responsibly. My dad was a pussy whipped alcoholic who didn't really give a shit about anything aside from drinking. My parents are a great example of a dysfunctional family. We never had food in the fridge, cold showers due to lack of oil, power and cable being cut all the time. Phone ringing daily from debt collectors, you know how it goes. Good times. They did however, try there best and I won't say they didn't love us. They did the best that they could do, and we did have a roof over our heads.

• @asker After there separation (still legally married), my mom ended up dating a crack head when she is 50-something years old. I would trust my brother, sister, and grandmother over my parents any day of the week.

• My mother told me anal sex is just painful, lol. I don't even know how that question came up.

My sister tried giving me advice a while ago but I never really applied it.

• Can't say that I have.

• my dad once said, you can't get 'em pregnant if you stick it in their mouth.

• um.. damn, I didn't know guys teach their sons about blow jobs. that had to be an awkward conversation

What Girls Said 10

• Nope because i don't trust there opinion!

• I've talked to my mom before. I'm glad we have a good relationship where I can do that.

• Hellll no! Lol, but I would ask Bill Clinton though😂😉. #PimpingInTheOvalOffice his advice would be more helpful. Asking people in my FAM is like asking Spongebob to finally pass his driver's test. The *********** family can't fall a sleep so I don't know how they'd fall in love properly.

• @joc4position the weird advice I gave you... is nothing compared to my families! Those are some strange mf's, I did get that well known DNA trait from them for sure😂!!! My uncle once told me the quickest way to get a date is if I pretend like my car broke down and the first guy to try and help tell him my spare is in the back of my trunk. He said when he look's just push him in with all my might and drive off😕😂 he said it work's for him each time I don't know if he was joking or not😓😓😓

• hell to the no. Man just nah, I would explain but then i'd have to make it into a book which then would turn into a sequel :p

• Yes! My mom. She is such a smart and wise woman! The advice she gave me really helped a lot! Now I am happier than I have ever been!:)

• Too shy to ask my mom much. I guess that's why I'm on GAG.

• got advice from my father, mother and brother

• Mother, sisters, and close friends.

• Vote H = FUCK NO!!!

ie: No one understands my sex and dating life except me.

• My nana actually