Racist Parents?

Recently a guy who is black has shown interest in me, I'm very open minded and don't see color at all, I think everyone is the same on the inside, and you can only truly judge someone based off their character. I'm 16 and very open with my parents about a lot, when I brought the idea of dating or just being friends with this boy up to my parents, they threatened to disown me and were very serious about it. I was given a huge lecture on how interaical relationships aren't allowed, and that any child of theirs will date someone who is white like me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Date whomever you want but don't tell your parents.
    Don't let them find out. Some people just can't change sadly :(

• Thats what I was thinking, but kind its sad my parents are trapped in such a small box since they think like this.

• I'm sure they love you and want what's best for you but their archaic views are getting in the way. For now do your own thing but make sure to be safe (i. e. use protection and don't do anything you're uncomfortable doing). Your parents don't need to know about your relationship status unless you are getting married.

• Thanks for MHO

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, your parents are pretty screwed up. Unfortunately since you still live under their roof, you might wanna follow their rules. It's sucks that they think that way tho.

• Sadly I'll probably have to do this, I'm not sure if this boy, even though he's a good guy, is worth losing my parents and a lot of other family members.

What Guys Said 2

• you see colour, you're not colourblind.
    oh yeah and your parents are dicks, show them about the Westboro baptist church and see if they agree with what they say

• Why are they so many of these fucking questions, And why do they all sound the same.
    Some white piece of shit throwing their own race under the bus.

• I'm not throwing anyone under the bus, I'm just looking for opinions and any help on my situation, that is sadly common for a lot of people.

• It's a real question.

• Then sorry for being that harsh, Thought this was a fake account. Race is real and it damn sure matters.

What Girls Said 2

• Your parents need to take the racist stick out of their ass and loosen up, if he's a good guy who treats you well amd makes you happy, they should accept him.

• I agree, I'm not sure how I can change their opinion, and if its worth dating a guy in high school and losing my parents and a roof over my head.

• I agree you should only look at the individuals behaviour. Why do you think your parents feel that way?

• I know my dad grew up in what could be called a ghetto community, and it he was one of the few white people there, and was often bullied for being white. I know thats scar'd him and has caused him to have negative views on people of different races, but my mom has no reason to be racist from what she tells me, I believe she is just choosing my dads side.