I think I'm getting my first boyfriend. But is he the one?

I don't meant the actual "the one" as in marriage (we're in highschool) but to me it's almost as big a milestone at the moment, because he would be my first boyfriend (and I'm pretty sure I would be his first if not real "2nd" girlfriend).

The reason I don't know about this is many reasons.

1. I'm 1 year 12 months older, even though I'm only one grade over. He's young for his grade and I'm old for mine. I assume he's fine with this as he's the one be who started talking to me first.

2. I used to/still KIND OF have a crush on his best friend. Before we started talking, I had a huge crush on his bff. It is slowly going away the more I talk to him because I never really knew his friend, he's just really attractive. I just feel guilty.

3. My best friend used to /still KIND OF had a crush on him. That was the whole reason we started texting; he asked me why she was so nervous around him (LOL). He's now told me that was just an excuse to talk to me. My bff says that she doesn't like him anymore and says I should go for him. She says we're cute together and gives me advice texting him. But I'm worried about her and that she still does like him and is just hiding it. I couldn't do that to her.

I think I'm falling for him; he says such cute things and he's so genuine. He's said I'm nice, funny, smart, beautiful and stunning. He always compliments me and takes the blame for dumb things. But the three issues still linger with me.

What should I do?

Correction. I'm a year and 10 months older (22 months older) even though we're only 1 year apart. I'm a junior he's a sophomore, he's young for his grade I'm old for mine.

Most Helpful Guy

• I say go for it... #1 isn't really an issue in my opinion, #3 isn't either since your friend is fine with it, so really as long as you can get over your own crush I think you'll be fine. It might help if you tell him about #2, but I don't think it really matters all that much. Guys usually don't care if you had a crush on their friend. I only say that it might help, because then you can stop feeling guilty about it.

What Guys Said 6

• Well that answer fall all up to you.. but there are ways that could vault him up to that position in your eyes, he must be honest to you, but this is a two way street here.. if he is a cheater and some guys are.. I will not sugar coat that point.. I hope he has the decent sense to end ties with you before he takes that selfish plunge.

Do you and him get along and like doing things together, if so maybe he might be a keeper.. but many many more things are needed then just those to make a lasting relationship... Last.. hope all works out in the big picture for you.. take care now

• How old are you?

• We're in highschool (and not freshman)

• You learn a lot more while dating versus what you can learn before hand.

Give it a shot, see how it develops, enjoy.

• The fact that you are asking if he is the ONE.
    Seems like uou are too unsure.
    Unsure relationships = bad relationships

• Just don't think so much

• First boyfriend are always for experience. Can't depend for keeper.

What Girls Said 6

• I only read the first 2 lines and I can tell you that he probably won't be "the one" because:
    1) you are in high school
    2) both of you will change
    3) success rates of relationships is low
    4) someone better will come along
    5) not enough life experiences

Advice: concentrate on getting an education.

• If you read the first line you would've read that I don't mean "the one" as in the person I'm gonna marry. I mean "the one" as in a proper first boyfriend. And both of us are well above the age that most people get their first boyfriend/girlfriend, and both of us (especially him) are VERY concentrated on school, you don't have to worry about that - thanks though.

He would risk his life for 100% and extra credit on a pop quiz.

• 0|0
  • Do what makes you happy. If you both like each other and want to be together then do it.

• "1 year 12 months older"

• I corrected that at the bottom I meant 1 year 10 months.

• Take her. Once your committed everything she didn't ever really care about disappears anyway. and its just the two of you, family, and extended family... that matter.

• I think you should go for it!